Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart NET
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedExcessive order ID’s

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginostylz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Excessive order ID’s
    Posted: July/28/10 at 10:33pm
I have an excessive amount of order ID's. I have a new google search tool on my website. It seems as though as my website search tool spiders my webpage weekly, the order ID's insanely increase. I am up to the 5 million range now, and orders are nowhere near that, not even close to a percent of it.
I tried to disallow cgi-bin in my google search appliance setting, and also in my robots.text file. Please help!
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/10 at 12:18pm
Its not really a big deal.
The bigger the number goes, the busier it makes your website look. You just need to stay on top of your order manager and delete the "abandoned orders". The limit in the database may be an 8 bit integer but this can easily be changed to allow the number to keep going up.

Otherwise, you would need to contact Google and find out why the robots are going where you are telling them they can't go. If you have disallowed cgi-bin, they would not be able to add orders. Perhaps you have some other culprit besides the search engines. Are you sure they are the culprit?
Ginostylz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginostylz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/10 at 1:26pm
It's a big deal to me. After reading more of the online articles I found that clicking on the add to cart link assigns an order ID. I got some advice to make the add to cart button a "no follow" link, but that would break everytime I save the page.

I have been unable to delete abandoned orders at this magnitude. I will time out after an hour even when I try to break it up some.

I am positive that my google mini server attacks it. I though I was getting bot attacked, but when I blocked that IP my google mini server quit caching my web pages. However the number quit climbing so high.   
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/11 at 1:41pm
You can use the order manager to delete all abandoned orders with a single click. You can use the no-follow comment inside of an "include" if you want and use the include within your product bot.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic