Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAnother possible SC issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lleemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another possible SC issue
    Posted: March/29/04 at 8:06am
Will and users,
We had a very unusual issue that I hope gets address. Situation is:

A customer ordered product ABC for $50 and the card was accepted through Authorize.net and they printed the receipt. Then the neighbor that doesn't have a computer uses the same computer 7 minutes later and orders the same ABC product for $50. They also got accepted by Authorize.net and the order went through. Well, unknowing we did send out one product but after a few weeks one customer called and we figures out through authorize that they both had the same orderid but only one showed up in our system.

Does SC have any way to handle this or and work in process for this?

Thanks.
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/04 at 9:00pm
Actually yes, Authorize.net is set to reject the same order ID that comes through twice. We didn't even have to do anything about that. I think this might have been because the customer might have possibly used the same browser window to place the order. If the session was kept alive on the server it would have definitely caused the issue. The default session timeout on IIS server is 20 minutes so this sort of adds up actually. Lowering the 20 minutes would solve the issue but if you have a customer that is slow, then they might run into other issues.
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
lleemon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lleemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/30/04 at 5:35am
Will,

You are correct. They did use the same browser/same session. I believe we are set at 30 minutes but I believe a session resets itself if they refresh? So if they hit refresh it goes back to 20 minutes.   Isn't it 20 idle minutes then it's cleared?

Thanks for the response.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/30/04 at 6:02pm
The session should have been killed upon a complete order. The only thing I can think of that could have caused this is if the 1st shopper did not allow the checkout to complete. If the shopper does not see the receipt page, the session is still alive.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic