Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart NET
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedShipping Questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeWaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shipping Questions
    Posted: January/29/08 at 2:59pm
I am setting up a new site and am running into some questions/issues.
For instance, if I order 1 5lb item my shipping cost with UPS ground is $6.53, or 2 5lb items my shipping cost is $13.06, or 3 5lb items my shipping cost is $19.59 (These items are in three different packages), but if I use the Sales Cart Shipping Plug-in and order those same 3 5lb items my shipping cost is $9.90, The Sales Cart appears to only calculate the shipping based on the total weight of the shipment and does not take into account that this 15lb shipment will be in three different packages and therefore the shipping charges are going to be more because of multiple packages. Have I done something wrong? Or is there a way to let Sales Cart know that my shipment will be in "x" amount of packages so that it will take this into account when calculating shipping costs?

Thanks!
Mike Walker
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/08 at 11:31am
There is no way for the computer to know "how you are going to package a shipment". It would need to know the size of your boxes and the form factor of your items and even then, one "Live" person could fit it in 1 box and another shipper might take 2 boxes. There is a limitation on what a computer can do over a free thinking person.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic