Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart NET
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedstarting out

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShaneS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: starting out
    Posted: January/03/07 at 2:18pm
I am trying to learn this SW. I set up my workstation to run IIS on xp Pro. .net 2.0, and I ran through the create wizard using the Access method and using DreamWeaver 8. I can browse the homepage, but when I click the start shopping link I get this error.

Line 23: SQLStmt = SQLStmt & "WHERE [Orderid] =" & Order & "; "
Line 24:
Line 25: SimpleAdo = New CSimpleAdo
Line 26: SimpleAdo.setConnectionString = Session("ConnectionString")
Line 27: RS = SimpleAdo.getRecordSet(SQLStmt)

I am in dire need of help???
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/07 at 4:48pm
Really need the "whole" error message... Your not actually showing/posting the error message just some line numbers of where the error is occuring.

Or, you could post the url of where to go to make the error happen...that would work to as we could reproduce the error.

I believe you are seeing this KB
http://support.salescart.com/kb/KB-details.asp?key=5445

However, this error can be any number of say a 100 things. Its the first call to an asp.net compiled class. It basically means, I can't run ASP.NET or the required basic things I need for ASP.NET are not there where they are suppose to be. That KB just brushes some obvious "biggies". You could also have the wrong version of SalesCart NET in the /bin folder compared to what you are running.

What version of ASP.NET are you running on the server or is your ISP running?
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/07 at 4:51pm
Well rereading it looks like your trying to run IIS on your own workstation. Running IIS and ASP.NET is not a trivial thing. You might want to publish to an ISP.   However, if you are dead set on trying, you need to know what version of asp.net you are running. You have to normally "assign" a version in IIS and it does NOT do it by default. So if you have not done that, this will be your first of many problems as you learn how to run ASP.NET in addition to SalesCart NET at the same time.
ShaneS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShaneS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/07 at 9:14am
I have fixed the other errors, but now I am getting this one. I am only trying to the sample site that is initially generated by the software so that I can get a feel for it. If any one has any input I would greatly appreciate you help..

Server Error in '/' Application.
Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
   <system.web>
       <compilation debug="true"/>
   </system.web>
</configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace:

[COMException (0x800a0bcd): Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.]
   Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Lat eBinding.LateGet(Object o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack) +899
   ASP.shop1_aspx.GetOrder() +1100
   ASP.shop1_aspx.Page_Load() +57
   System.Web.Util.ArglessEventHandlerDelegat eProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +10
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/07 at 9:59am
That error usually means the Permissions on the Database are incorrect or the database connection string is incorrect in some way. See this KB in the knowledgebase

http://support.salescart.com/kb/KB-details.asp?key=5540

9 out of 10 times though the problem is permission as the order # is obtained but the user can't read back or write to with that order#.

Edited by admin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic