Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedConfirm2 page keeps timing out

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Confirm2 page keeps timing out
    Posted: October/28/05 at 12:18pm
I keep getting this message when I get past the confirm2 page: "Active Server Pages error ASP 0113 Script timed out receipt2.asp". I have tried the fix in article 5113, but it still doesn't work. I have re-installed SalesCart several times and keep running into the same error and then I try the fix, I does't seem to help. I am using SalesCart5 and FrontPage 2003.
My website is sosofficesupplync.com if anyone wants to run through the process.
Weasel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/05 at 1:16pm
Additional note: We have run into the same issues over and over again, no matter how many times I reinstall the program or try the fixes that I can find. Are there any updates available or will be available in the future that may fix the issues addressed in the forums or the knowledge base? I either have a buggy program, or I just cannot figure any of this out.
lleemon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lleemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/05 at 6:37pm
Not sure of your experience with scripting but to pinpoint where it may be causing the issue is to go line by line or section by section and put a:

response.write ("line x")
response.end()

Keep changing x and once your refresh and it doesn't change then you can ask a more detailed question.

If this doesn't make send pm me.
Weasel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/05 at 11:15am
Thank you so much, lleemon. I see what I can do with that.
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/06/05 at 10:22am
Sounds to me like you buggered something up....there is no easy answer for this except to add all the checkout pages back....possibly the last ones you edit first.

But, it would be easier if you actually provided a url.
Weasel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/05 at 8:34am
The url for this particular problem is www.sosofficesupplync.com/cgi-bin/reciept2.asp.
I have done a complete reinstall of SalesCart several times and have changed very little in the checkout pages and did not remove any checkout pages, so I do not know what could have been removed. I am a simple airhead designer, not a programer.
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/05 at 1:36pm
Ok, I see.

Its timing out, because its completely dieing. Do you have a 3rd party processing turn on? AuthorizeNet?

If not, then I would think you don't have email correctly configured on the server. To test that theory, make a copy of receipt2.asp (back it up...and be prepared to put it back). Edit receipt2.asp and take out the merc-conf.asp and send-email.asp includes out. If it suddenly starts working, then thats definetly the problem. Put the old receipt2 backup back and contact your ISP.
Weasel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/05 at 8:49am
Thanks a lot, Mike. We just changed servers and everyting seems to be working again so far, so maybe that was all it was. If it does it again, I'll try your suggestion. Again, thanks!
Weasel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/05 at 12:21pm
OK, the timing out issue is solved by changing servers. Now it does not send emails. We are hosting our own site (url - http://205.244.119.123/) and are using a Windows 2003 server and Web 2003 server. We have checked all permissions and I have followed the suggestions that I have found in this forum and the KB. Is there something we're missing?
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/05 at 8:31pm
Well, the problem here is your SysAdmin had to setup CDOSYS on the server correctly. Its a standard part of IIS6. Your ISP or ServerAdmin will need to contact Microsoft if they don't have this configured correctly. Assuming they do, then take a look at KB http://support.salescart.com/kb/KB-details.asp?key=5316

This will allow you to convert SalesCart to run on CDOSYS. If you have the latest version of the product, then you don't have to download anything, and I wouldn't suggest that you do, the version you have is complete. You just need to follow the part in the KB here:
Find the line:
objMail.SetPluginType = "ScCdo"
and replace with:
objMail.SetPluginType = "CDOSYS"

After the line you just edited, add the following lines:
objMail.SetMailServer = "mail.yourdomain.com"
objMail.SetAuthUser = ""
objMail.SetAuthPW = ""

Edited by mike
Weasel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/10/05 at 8:28am
OK! Thanks so much for your quick reply.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic