Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHTTP 500 - Internal server error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HTTP 500 - Internal server error
    Posted: November/16/04 at 7:38am
When I click on the buy now button it does not find the shop1.asp page and gives me this message
HTTP 500 - Internal server error. Can you tell me how to correct this. My other salescart webs work fine.
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/04 at 8:09am
You should first turn off the friendly HTTP error messages so you can see what the exact issue is. To do this, go to your Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Uncheck the box for "Show friendly HTTP error messages"

Once you've done this, then go to your site and place the item in the cart, see what error message is coming up.
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/04 at 8:24am
Thanks here is the message I get now.

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

/cgi-bin/shop1.asp, line 134 Can you help me fix this?
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/04 at 8:31am
Sounds like a database connection issue. Run the SalesCart wizard, make sure you have it set to "DSN-less" connection. In FrontPage go to tools -> Site Settings (web settings) -> Database -> Make sure that you have a SalesCart1 connection. Refer to your manual on how to create the connection if you don't know how.

Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/04 at 8:51am
I have the connections and I have verified the salescart1 and database1 connections and I still get the same message when I tried to buy something. Anything else I can try?

Edited by debbie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic