Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart NET
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIndex was outside the bounds of the array

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drafting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Index was outside the bounds of the array
    Posted: February/12/07 at 4:49pm
Sometimes I get this error when checking out using the shipping plugin:

Index was outside the bounds of the array.

It does not happen all the time and fixes itself after a while. But it still causes a problem for my customers. Does anyone have an idea of what can be done to fix this?
debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/09 at 8:23am
I am getting this same problem. Can anyone tell me how to fix this.
Ginostylz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginostylz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/27/10 at 12:43pm
I get the same problem. I can't reproduce it, but customers sure do
complain about it. I think they have to close the browser, and re-
open the site in a new window.
Ginostylz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginostylz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/27/10 at 12:46pm
Is there a real fix for it yet?
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/10 at 12:32pm
It sounds like this problem. http://support.salescart.com/kb/KB-details.asp?key=5608

When does this occur? The header.aspx file was modified so that it strips out semicolons which can be used for SQL Injection attacks. If you customer uses a semi-colon in their data they put in the fields, this issue would happen.

Two ways to deal with this, valid your customers data using the built-in validation functionality and don't allow semi-colons. There is no reason to use a semi-colon in a shipping address and they are technical not supported by the post office. Or, remove this security feature by editing the file according to the KB. This increases your security risk though.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic