Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCookie problems perhaps?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonJolliff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cookie problems perhaps?
    Posted: May/25/06 at 12:18pm
Hello all,
I have been using Sales Cart for years now and love the power and control that I have over customization. One problem that I am having and others as well is that when I go to put a product in my cart, it shows that I suddenly have like hundreds of items in my cart and some astronomical number for the total price. I click on checkout then it takes me to a "there is nothing in your cart page (view1.asp). I then go back and there is nothing in my cart. Now if I add an item, everything is normal. I have had other customers say that they have had similar problems. Is there a remedy for this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. My website is www.GoodIndie.com

Thank you in advance
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/06 at 3:52pm
No, not cookies, permissions on the database file.

See this KB
http://support.salescart.com/kb/KB-details.asp?key=5514
JasonJolliff View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonJolliff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/06 at 4:04pm
I'm having my server look at the permissions.

I thought that I had figured it out though. I have domain masking on this website and that seemed to be the problem. If I add something to the cart while unmasked, I didn't see that problem. Does that make any sense?
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/06 at 4:48pm
I wasn't able to reproduce the problem when I went there. If you do something that causes the session to drop though, you might get something similar to happen. If the issue of that KB where the "RWXD" permission is not correct on the folder as opposed to the file. There will be no session and if you go to the bottom of the view1.asp page you will see the order number is <null> nothing. Masking the domain might create something similar if you are bouncing back and forth or something from mask to unmasked or from www.domain.com masked possibly to domain.com (no www) unmasked.
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/06 at 4:49pm
If happens again, look at the order # at the bottom of view1....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic