Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedError with Order management

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error with Order management
    Posted: July/08/05 at 8:13am
Hello, I'm new to using this software. I've had it for a while but have just gotten around to trying to get a site up and running. I just bought the order management and product management plugins.

When tryning to look at orders I get the following message...

ADODB.Recordset error '800a0cc1'

Item cannot be found in the collection
     corresponding to the requested name
     or ordinal.

?, line 0

... I have the latest shop.mdb

I'm also having problems creating users via order management as well. The sneak in will let me in but it will not create the default user/pswd. Nor will the add new merchant function work.

I'm using pro and frontpage on a MS Webserver 2003. The site is in a sub web off the root web folder.

What am I missing?   
Thanks,
Mike

Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/05 at 8:39am
That error is saying that one of the database columns is missing a record. Do you have the latest version of the order management?
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
mikea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/05 at 12:36pm
I spoke to someone at salescart and the problem was not having a space in the username for the database connection. Thats not in the documentation that I'v found.

It's up and runnning now. Thanks though
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/05 at 1:20pm
Ah yeah, that's the FrontPage 2003 problem that seems to plague everyone
Techno Geek
phbrowne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phbrowne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/05 at 12:05pm
Hey...how did you solve your problem? I am having the same issue...

Where is this myseterious space that I need to add/delete?

Thanks

Pat Browne
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/05 at 12:21pm
We can't possibly include everything in the manual. You would literally have a book that will exceed 1000 pages easily. That's where the Knowledge base comes in handy. That's why we also have a forum so we can all discuss, ask, collaborate.

You can try the fix mentioned in this thread: KB Article 5393
Techno Geek
phbrowne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phbrowne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/05 at 4:20pm
I shoulda tried this simple solution first...it worked. The other fixes (downloading new verision, modifications through the SC tool bar did nothing!

Murphy's Law: If you try the simple solution first, it will not work. Try all the hard stuff (read: time consuming) first so that you can whack yourself on the top of the head when the easy solution works!

Thank you, thank you!
wesonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wesonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/05 at 4:59pm
Do we know what the fix is to the original problem MIKEA was talking about below. I have been getting the same problem. I read what techno geek wrote in his reply so I investigated my version of the ORDER MGMT plug-in. I noticed is said VERSION 3.0. I also notice that SALESCART was selling an upgrade VERSION 4.0. I figured I needed to buy it to fix the problem. I paid my $60.00 and received the download instructions. I installed it and it still indicates VERSION 3.0 and did not fix the problem.

When tryning to look at orders I get the following message...

ADODB.Recordset error '800a0cc1'

Item cannot be found in the collection
     corresponding to the requested name
     or ordinal.

?, line 0

... I have the latest shop.mdb

I'm also having problems creating users via order management as well. The sneak in will let me in but it will not create the default user/pswd. Nor will the add new merchant function work.

I'm using pro and frontpage on a MS Webserver 2003. The site is in a sub web off the root web folder.

What am I missing?   
Thanks,
Mike

[/QUOTE]
mikea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/05 at 7:12am
In frontpage goto tools;sitesettings

click on the database tab
select your salescart database(s)
highlite them one at a time
and click on the modify button.

Click on the advanced... button

in the username: field put one space
and nothing for the password.

Click Ok on each window to save.

This should work.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic