Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDoes not email merchant sales order

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does not email merchant sales order
    Posted: June/29/05 at 2:04pm
At Fubo.biz some products will email the merchant sales order others will not. Here is one of the product pages that do not email the merchant sales order.
http://fubo.biz/mall/flasks_mo.asp

products: Camo round hunters flask (at bottom)
N: Camo Flask With Mossy Oaks concho

The other products on the page may or may not work also. Can't tell because they have not been ordered.
Maybe the whole page is not working.

So far eighteen products do not send the email. Although all send the Paypal processing email.

Thanks,
Cody
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/30/05 at 2:04pm
Yeah but the email is not based on the individual products but rather the entire order.
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
cdavis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/30/05 at 2:27pm
Yes, I realize that, but the person receiving emails is having to call the customer to find out what they ordered when one of these products are ordered. They receive that Paypal notification but not the Salescart notification with the product number. Orders with other products work fine.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/30/05 at 3:03pm
Okay, to be honest I think it would be bad to rely on the emails to find out what the person ordered. I agree with you that the owner shouldn't have to call the customer(s) but at the same token the owner should not rely on the emails to find out this information.

Instead, making a small $60.00 investment in the order management would allow him/her to check the orders via the web interface at his/her own convenience and find out what the customer has ordered. Plus it'll boost the functionality of the shopping cart more.

In regards to the emails not going through, the first steps is to find out whether those emails are actually leaving the web server first. You will need to get your host involved with that.
Techno Geek
cdavis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/05 at 7:24am
Thanks.
We have the order management module, but the owner does not use it. I had forgotten about it. We can use it until we get the rest of it working.

How can we check with the host to see if the emails are leaving?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/05 at 4:19pm
You'll want to ask the host to check the mail server logs and look for any failures that might have been generated.

Also, you want to make sure that you give your host the email address, which your shopping cart is sending from.
Techno Geek
cdavis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/05 at 11:00am
The order management module ver 3 is not working properly and needs to be reinstalled. We cannot find our copy. How do we get a replacement copy?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/05 at 11:16am
Go to http://userroom.salescart.com to download it.
Techno Geek
cdavis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/05 at 8:30am
I have reinstalled the extension for order management in Dreamweaver. The website is large so I prefer not to upload the entire website. What files do I upload to reinstall it on the server?
cdavis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/05 at 1:20pm
I have reinstalled the extension for order management in Dreamweaver. The website is large so I prefer not to upload the entire website. What files do I upload to reinstall the Order Management function on the server?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic