Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSecurity Error: Part number......

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Security Error: Part number......
    Posted: January/14/06 at 9:07am
I rebuilding my website and I updated to SC3.0 Std. I"m getting e-mail from SC after I place a order

Security Error: Part number from posting page was not found in database.

from the productpage.

Now I added a part# to my DB but I sill getting the error. The part # shows up in the dynamic-result page.
What am I missing?

Don
Andy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/06 at 11:13am
The only thing i can think of is an error in the code to read the price part of the database- off hand I think it's something like <%price%>.

Make sure you use the pricise name of the price row in your database.

You could also try verifying the db connection in Fpage.
Lonewolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/06 at 7:43am
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I did not have Notify me of Replies checked.
I have verifed the db. Everything works with the test buy. When I get the e-mail is after the dynamic-result page comes up and you add to cart. And I get this e-mail.

This is an automated response sent from SalesCart

Security Error: Part number from posting page was not found in database.

Order Number: 4

Item Number: CF-860PB

Posted Price: 68.95

Actual Price: 0

Posting URL: mall/dynamic-result.asp

I did something now I'm getting it from the dynamic-result page.

don

Originally posted by Andy Andy wrote:

The only thing i can think of is an error in the code to read the price part of the database- off hand I think it's something like <%price%>.

Make sure you use the pricise name of the price row in your database.

You could also try verifying the db connection in Fpage.
Andy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/06 at 7:50am
OK, so it sounds like a problem with the database. Have you tried deleting the DB from the server and replacing with the new version?

I know from my wn experience that sometimes you get ghosting of pages and files- where it should have been updated by still runs the old version.

I would try getting rid of the server side DB and replacing it manually with the working DB version.

I'm not too hot on dynamic sites- I've tested the theory out on a test site but as yet I'm not running dynamic pages myself- although I will be shortly.

Hope this helps- anyone else have any input on this PLEASE post.
Lonewolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/06 at 8:46am
I have had ghosting problem before to. I have delted the DB and uploaded a new one. Now I have part numbers in my DB and verifed it on the web and in FP. I get the message every time I add some thing to the cart.

Maybe i'm gettng it because in the e-mail calls it a Item number and it is looking for part number?

lw
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/06 at 8:57am
The problem is with the connection string, it can't find the database....
Lonewolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/06 at 8:16am
Originally posted by mike mike wrote:

The problem is with the connection string, it can't find the database....

Ok then way is the order going through? If connection string can't find the db then I would think the order would not go through. Everthing in the shopping cart works, I just get the error set to me with the order.

lw
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic