Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSECURE checkout with domain name masking?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonJolliff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SECURE checkout with domain name masking?
    Posted: November/11/05 at 2:29am
Ok here's the scenario. I have a fully functional SalesCart Pro 5 system running at http://www.jdigitalproduction.com/mall/store.asp with a SECURE server.

I have recently added domain name masking. I registered www.GoodIndie.com and have it point to the link above.

Here's the issue:
When someone goes through the checkout process, the browser does not display that the checkout is SECURE. It never kicks into the https// it instead remains www.GoodIndie.com in the address bar.

My question is:
Is there a way to successfully use domain name masking and have the checkout system be secure? I called Godaddy and they said that it can't be done. However I am wondering if there is a way to have the checkout system open a new browser window when the customer hits the checkout button on the view1.asp page, and go to the www.jdigitalproduction.com/cgi-bin/details1.asp. Would that work? I'm hoping that the new window along with a "tweaked" hyperlink in the code somewhere would bring up the https// and clear the GoodIndie.com address in the browser bar. At that point I don't necessarily care if they see the actual domain address.

Does that make sense?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated and I have to believe that their are others out there who would like to do the same thing.

Thank you for any help that you could provide.

Edited by JasonJolliff
JasonJolliff View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonJolliff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/05 at 12:28pm
Ohhh, I'm getting close. I guess what the masking does is opens a tiny little frame at Godaddy that has the www.GoodIndie.com name and info. THAT tiny frame then calls to the main store page as the "bottom" part of the frame. So as long as that frame is there, it shows GoodIndie info.

What I have done is change the target on the "view cart" button to "whole page". That eliminates the frame and brings up www.jdigitalproduction.com. Then when you hit continue order, it kicks into the secure side like normal. Awesome.

The only bad thing that I can see right now is that AFFILIATE information is not based on. The reason is that I have a redirection go to the www.GoodIndie.com address when people click in from an affiliate tag (very cool by the way). I believe that information is being lost in that split second that it calls to the GoodIndie.com frame.

I'm assuming the only way to fix that, is if I could somehow get my hands on THAT frame on the www.Godaddy.com server and inject it will the Salescart code. I wonder if they would work with me on that...?

Any other ideas?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic