Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedfpdb permissions grayed out in Front Page

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdcarlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fpdb permissions grayed out in Front Page
    Posted: November/03/05 at 9:53am
I am trying to set permissions in the fpdb folder. After right clicking on the folder and clicking on properties, I can see the option for allowing scripts to be run...but it is grayed out and I cannot check it. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know how to correct it?
Selahbooks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Selahbooks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/05 at 4:13pm
When the area is grayed it usually means you do not have permission to change that option. You would need to contact your web hosting provider and have them change the permission on the /fpdb folder. However, it is my understanding that you don't really need to check the 'allow scripts to be run' box anyway. I know the documentation says you should, but I have never checked that box and my SalesCart has always run fine.
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/06/05 at 10:18am
You need to make sure that you cannot "READ" from this folder. Make sure that you can't go to http://www.domain.com/fpdb/shop.mdb? If you can download this database, your in trouble. Contact your ISP and make sure they give you the ability to change the permissions on the /fpdb folder or that you change this to Write but not Read via IIS. This is not a problem at web-hosters as we have permantly greyed this out but made it impossible to download from this folder to make sure no one messes it up.
sdcarlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdcarlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/06/05 at 12:39pm
Thanks for the information! I will contact my ISP and make the changes.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic