Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked"Online" folder missing – files not *.asp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Online" folder missing – files not *.asp
    Posted: October/07/05 at 10:20pm
I have taken advice and started a new test site to learn how to deal with Sales Cart. However, I’m still experiencing problems at very beginning. As I see in my test site I do not have “Online” folder that I have in original site. Only “mall” and “fpdb”.
What for is “Online” folder and how can I install him in test site?

As I see in the manual all of the products must be as *.asp files – not *.html Hmm, I’m having a big problem then – since cca 4,000 products are with html extension. And they are not in the “Mall” folder.
What are the consequences of this and do I have to change extension and move files to “Mall” folder?

Thank you for any suggestion.
Jason
Andy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/05 at 12:22pm
Online folder could be anything- only way to tell is look in it and see what you've got.

The HTML pages- do they have the salescart components on them? Frontpage wants to save pages as html as standard- looks like someone didn't notice this key point.

Easiest way to sort them in manually change .html to .asp.

You can block copy the product pages in the online folder to the mall folder- although some of your links won't be working.

4000 products would be better done as a dynamic site linked to a database- this is in the manual- otherwise I would have thought montitoring all them products is gonna be a full time job.
jason2004 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/05 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Andy Andy wrote:

Online folder could be anything- only way to tell is look in it and see what you've got.

The HTML pages- do they have the salescart components on them? Frontpage wants to save pages as html as standard- looks like someone didn't notice this key point.

Easiest way to sort them in manually change .html to .asp.

You can block copy the product pages in the online folder to the mall folder- although some of your links won't be working.

4000 products would be better done as a dynamic site linked to a database- this is in the manual- otherwise I would have thought montitoring all them products is gonna be a full time job.

Online folder is for "Order Managament system".

All of the products are in *.html and they do have the salescart components on them. I'm confused since they are not in the Mall folder and still they were working so far.
DO they need to be in "MALL" folder?

Any idea how to automaticaly change *.html to *.asp these cca 4,000 pages?

Any idea how to use existing salescart components in these 4,000 html pages and import all of them in the database? This would be the best solution.

Thank you.
Jason

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic