Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockeddifferent shipping

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: different shipping
    Posted: May/23/05 at 10:30am
hello, I was hoping someone might know something about this. When my customers start shopping i want them to able to select country of delivery even before they enter the shop so it can work out the shipping charges and add them on to the cart. Please help!
Andy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/05 at 9:32am
Hi Jula,

Hmmm, OK. This is how I would do it.

Make an ASP page with a product named "freight" or something similar.

In the drop down I would use a country list- pinch the one from the checkout pages as I am lazy and wouldn't want to type all the names in lol:)

Then, I would set UK as the default option- ie the cheapest. Now I would go down the list of countries adding values to the end of each one- like you would do for product options. Make these values the difference between UK shipping and the country in question and the maths should work out.

To make this easy for users to understand I would substitute the BUY NOW button for a custom one that said "enter shop" or something like that (if you use CorelDraw I've got a button template file drawn up which I can send you).

I would also make a little freight icon or something which I would display using the upsell feature- this will make it clear what the charge is for on view1.asp page.

If you put this custom shipping page in between your main HTML site and the introductory lobby page every user will have to go through the shipping selection before they shop. This way you can leave all the other buttons as they are.

Hope this makes sense- pretty sure this will work just fine. If you are doing by weight this might be a bit clumsy but for fixed price shipments by say Parcelforce where you can send upto 30KG in one hit for the standard £7.50 cost this simple workround should do.

Cheers
Andy
jula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/05 at 5:09pm
hey andy,

thanks for your reply i'll try this out, it looks good. I let you know how i get on. It's nice to hear from a uk user. cheers mate,

Jula
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic