Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedfrontpage sharepoint and extentions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: frontpage sharepoint and extentions
    Posted: February/22/05 at 3:08am
Hi i have been using sales cart and frontpage together for 4 years, and I have installed it many times, however I have a new pc and I am suffereing, i am using frontpage 2003 which as you know is a bugger for frontpage extentions because it uses sharepoint and fp extentions from 2002 version, any ho, I have installed sales cart pro, and tried to intigrate it with my current web, and it all seems fine except i cannot add a product link and when i double click one in my current web it says there is no frontpage component etc. I have reallys struggled to get the extentions to work as it is, can you help.
deb
xxxxxx
ps, old site written in pro version 3 I am trying to intigrate with pro 5 if that helps you help me she smiles
Andy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/05 at 9:55am
Hi,

I take it you were using salescart 3.8 with Fpage 2002 and now you are using salescart 5.0 with Fpage 2003.

I have done this upgrade myself as v 3.8 won't work with Fpage2003 :(

I can't remember how I managed to sort things out but I do remember that I had problems with integrating old salescart webs into the new setup- v5 & 2003. The quickest way I found of sorting things out was to split the screen in fpage and edit the product attributes in the code lines- it's pretty easy once you have the hang of it.

I've since made other sites in V5 & 2003 without any problems.

AS far as your frontpage extensions are concerned these should only have an impact on standard forms created in Fpage and any of the additional components like included pages and maps that you can pick from the toolbar in fpage. You don't need fpage extensions to run a salescart web. Sharepoint as far as I umderstand is a different beasty all together.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic