Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMany problems on Win2K3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keymanlaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Many problems on Win2K3
    Posted: December/14/04 at 6:47pm
Before starting this thread, please let me state that I have read the knowledge base articles regarding 2003 server and SalesCart and everything in that article has been setup and done according to instruction.

That being said, I am having a terrible time getting my client's Salescart site moved from 2000 to 2003. When placing an item in the cart, we get the following message:

Could not open data connection. Error:
Unspecified error
The Invalid ConnectionString is defined as: DSN=kissmuseumdb;DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; UID=; PWD=;

The knowledgebase indicates this is an IIS error and that the Application protection should be set to Low. That's fine in IIS 5 but this is IIS 6 and there is no such setting. I have the site setup in its own application pool.

To further complicate things, everytime my customer publishes the permissions on the database get reset and write is no longer available.

I really need to figure this out, the 2000 server that we are currently running him on is disabled at the end of the month and the site must work on the 2003 server. What needs to happen to fix these problems? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/04 at 7:35pm
Interesting, we run 2003 server here but we only have the issue with the connection string in the sessions not working. Did the client submit a support ticket?
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
keymanlaff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keymanlaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/15/04 at 4:36am
No, not yet, we've been trying to get it resolved on our own. Will that be the best course of action?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/15/04 at 8:32am
I think so. That we can at least take a look and make sure that the SalesCart is configured properly on the server.
Techno Geek
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/04 at 3:32pm
Did your customer ever fill out a support ticket?
Techno Geek
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic