Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDynamic Attributes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drafting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dynamic Attributes
    Posted: August/27/04 at 2:39pm
I am going to try and post this again:
Here is the scenario:

We are making a website and selling numerous kinds of chairs. Most of the chairs have color options, but not all of the chairs have the same options. We are showing the prices and chair information using the database (so it is easier to change prices) and a dynamic page. I just do not know how to let our customers pick what color chair they want and have it tie into the salescart add to cart bot.
Andy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/01/04 at 4:16am
Hi,

If you are showing an image of the chair(s) I presume you have a column that describes the physical location of the image within your database.

I would make the included pages for colour and size relative to each chair. Then I would add a column to the database where the physical path to these pages would be stored- same kind of proceedure as used for the chair images.

Then, when connecting the database to the salescart add in I would put a statement in the included page section which would direct salescart to the included page column in the database.

This works as I have done the same kind of thing before.

If there is something I have missed I'm sure Will will be able to sort it out for you.

Andy :)
lleemon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lleemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/01/04 at 6:44am
You have to put a combobox (select) in your button (<scproductlink>).

<scproductlink>
             <form action='https://<yoursite>/shop/cgi-bin/shop1.asp' method='POST' name='scform'>
<!-- WE PUT A IF STATEMENT THAT DETECTS IF OPTIONS ARE NEEDED -->
<% if InStr(1, UCase(RS.Fields.Item("A_Desc").Value), "CHAIR") > 0 Then %>

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2" color="#990000">Special Offer</font>

<!-- NOTICE Green IS $10 MORE IN PRICE -->
<select name="option" size="1">
<option value="Red" selected>Red - $29.95</option>
<option value="Blue">Blue $29.95</option>
<option value="Green$10">Green $39.95</option>
</select>

<% End If %>

<input type='hidden' name='part' value='FVSP<%=(RS.Fields.Item("A_ID").Value)%>'>
</scproductlink>
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic