Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSBS 2003 and CDOSYS or CDOEX?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tawolff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SBS 2003 and CDOSYS or CDOEX?
    Posted: July/22/04 at 10:32am
I am using MS Small Business Server 2003 with Exchange and SQL- PRoblems with the email using CDOSYS. CDOSYS is not a registered dll because the server uses CDOEX by default. I have unregistered CDOEX and registered CDOSYS but still no email flowing- Does anyone have any sample code that use CDOEX or another method for me to get the email to work?
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/04 at 10:38am
After getting CDOSYS registered. Did you change the SalesCart syntax to work with CDOSYS?
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
tawolff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tawolff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/04 at 10:49am
That was the First thing I did. I downloaded the file and changed the CDONT to CDOSYS and added lines for authentication aginst the Exchange Server. The mail server is properly regeisered in local and of course outside DNS.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/04 at 11:11am
Interesting. I've not had to deal with exchange server and a web application so I can't say why it won't send. I'm assuming the server has IIS installed and running? If so, does it have the SMTP services enabled and running? It's not just the CDOSYS object, the SMTP services would also have to be installed.
Techno Geek
tawolff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tawolff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/04 at 2:01pm
This server also has Exchange running so is HAS to have SMTP or it would not work. Ever work with CDOEX? - The dll is for working with Exchange servers and should be used on the same server as the MS Exchange server.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/04 at 2:05pm
I undestand the server 'has' to have SMTP but IIS has it's own little SMTP agent that runs. That is what CDOSYS uses. CDOEX uses the exchange SMTP but CDOSYS uses the IIS SMTP. Two different things.

I have not worked with CDOEX so I can't help you there.
Techno Geek
tawolff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tawolff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/04 at 1:47pm
Will- Fixed my problem- When calling cdo functions on a server with Exchange 2003 installed the default is to use CDOEX.dll- This is normal and Ok and no change is code are required.

The problem probably was that the I tried using mail.domain.com (my DNS name for mail) but changing to servername.domain.com seems to work..

I also scripted permissions for the iuser_servername and iwam_servername permisions to the IIS Meta database to give them authority to use SMTP. I am not sure this part helped. Refer to http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=816789 for explanations of how to do this including scripts- Note: if you use The MetaData tool it is differnet for IIS 6 than IIS 5.

I also set the default SMTP configuration in Exchange to the IP address of my server (the default is any unassigned ip address)

I also set a username and password for an account to authenticate to use the SMTP. By default Exchange SMTP allows any authenticated user to SMTP to an outside address. Be careful about changing any settings that might allow Mail Relay.

Tom
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic