Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedruntime error 429 & IE6.0

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: runtime error 429 & IE6.0
    Posted: June/06/04 at 9:17am
I'm running Office 2000. And my OS is win2000 pro. I reinstalled Office 2000 and SalesCart as of late and when I went to create a new salescart web and I got a message about FP can't create the files it needed and to check server addmin. I remembered something about fp.ini file and went into salescart help and setup the fp.ini file for win2000. That did not help. I installed FP98 and just for the heck of it I opened FP2000 and tryed to install and new salescart web. When I did FP98 keep opening up and sales cart whating to install a new web in FP98. That seemed odd to me so I uninstalled FP98 and the message I was getting in FP2000 [FP can't create the files it needed and to check server addmin] was no longer there. But now i get the runtime error 429. So I checked out the knowledge base and installed IE6. Well I still get the runtime error 429.
Now when I 1st got Salescart2.6 I was running win98se and FP98 and things worked fine. When i went to WIN2000 and Office 2000 and installed Salescart all I did was copy over my website files and everthing worked fine, as long as all I did was work on my pages. I ran into this problem when I went to install a new salescart web. Any ideas?

lw
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/04 at 9:10am
What version of Salcart do you currently have and have you upgraded your version?
Lonewolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/04 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by optikool optikool wrote:

What version of Salcart do you currently have and have you upgraded your version?

I'm running V 2.6 I don't see a update to it on the website to a newer version.

lw
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/04 at 8:40am
I think I might have misunderstood. You have SalesCart STD 2.6 running on Windows 2000 and Office 2000 and it doesn't run?
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
Lonewolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/04 at 12:50pm
Sales cart runs in the sence that everthing works untill you go to add a new sales cart web. At that point I get the message form FP

[ An error occurred accessing your FP web files, Authors- if authoring against a web server, pleass contact the webmaster for this server's site. WebMasters-please see servers system log for more details]

I click ok

Then I get message form SalesCart [ unable to load documents into web and cannot continue]

lw

Edited by Lonewolf
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/04 at 11:24am
Ah, there is something going on with the FP server extensions. Check your server log see if there is anything that might help you out. FrontPage also logs the errors, etc. so you should be able to troubleshoot it with that as well.

We had a few cases like this, in most cases, the customers un-installed and re-installed FrontPage and that took care of the issue.

Edited by Will Sani
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
Lonewolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/04 at 2:29pm
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you all. Well I have tryed everything to get SalesCart to work but no go. So I tryed something. I did a clean install of WIN2k pro on a different partition. Just win2k as it was on the cd, no updates and no SP patches installed, just my motherboard drivers and video card drivers. i then install office 2000 with no updates. I then installed SalesCart and ran a test. Everything worked fine no errors. My new shoping cart was made with all files installed.
So It has to be something that was installed before I installed SalesCart. And uninstalling the Sp packs and office patch does not help. So when I get more time I will play round and find out that the problem is. I think it may be the Sp update patch I installed, not sure, I will let you all know when I find out.
Thanks for the help.

LW
Lonewolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/04 at 9:04am
Ok I had some time to do some testing today and this is what I found. As posted in my last post everthing worked with a clean install of win2k pro and office. I then installed SP4 and SalesCart stoped working as per errors I was getting in above posts. I tryed the same tests with SP2 and SP3 and had no problems with Salescart and was able to make a salescart web.
So It looks like there is something in SP4 that gives me the error with Salescart.

Does anyone have any ideas on this. And has any one alse run into this?

lw
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic