Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedtaxes - too many digits

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimgub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: taxes - too many digits
    Posted: June/04/04 at 6:47am
In reviewing a PO in the Order mgmt tool, the sales tax and Grand totals display more than 2 decimal point digits..

also, in one particular instance the shipping charge applied to an order with two items incorrectly charged for shipping for only one item (shipping based on quantity) and the grandtotal listed for the order was way off.. are these related problems (the wrong shipping charge being applied and the grand total being off...)?

thx
Jim
jimgub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimgub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/04/04 at 7:15am
in reply to my own message, I have confirmed why the grand total appeared off (a whole order discount was applied to order, but we have no way of knowing that from report)... but the shipping charge applied was still wrong...

my question remains about too many digits..

thx again
Jim
NJTackle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJTackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/04 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by jimgub jimgub wrote:

In reviewing a PO in the Order mgmt tool, the sales tax and Grand totals display more than 2 decimal point digits.

I also have the same problem. Since I'll be using this as the customer receipt, I would be nice to have the tax and subtotal only show 2 decimal places.

There must be an easy fix!?!?!? :-)

EDIT: Looking over the code it seems the variables for tax and grand total are not converted to Currency before display. Sound right Will?

Edited by NJTackle
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/04 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by NJTackle NJTackle wrote:

Originally posted by jimgub jimgub wrote:

In reviewing a PO in the Order mgmt tool, the sales tax and Grand totals display more than 2 decimal point digits.

I also have the same problem. Since I'll be using this as the customer receipt, I would be nice to have the tax and subtotal only show 2 decimal places.

There must be an easy fix!?!?!? :-)

EDIT: Looking over the code it seems the variables for tax and grand total are not converted to Currency before display. Sound right Will?

That's correct. Please submit this a bug/feature request and we'll have it fixed.

The simple code fix for this is to change the code. It should look something like this:

<%=MyCurrency(Products1.Fields.Item("Price").Value)%>
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
NJTackle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJTackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/04 at 5:31pm
Actually, I think the code would be in the format simliar to:

<%=FormatCurrency(Products1.Fields.Item ("Price").Value)%>

Thanks Will!

Edited by NJTackle
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic