Forum Home Forum Home > SalesCart: Cloud > SalesCart Cloud: General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Departments, Categories, etc.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Departments, Categories, etc.
    Posted: March/13/16 at 4:07pm
I am trying to build my store, and I am a little confused about the terminology. I have watched the video twice and tried to follow along and build my store. I have five products I need to sell:

crawfish
jambalaya
combo of crawfish & jambalaya
hot dogs
membership renewal

Under the food items, there is a
prepaid member price
a prepaid nonmember price
walk up member price
walk up nonmember price

Under the memberships, there is an individual membership and a family membership. Would the departments be the main products and the categories be the different price options? Or am I looking at this the wrong way? Also, is there a way to delete a picture once I have loaded it?
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Sherry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/16 at 4:28pm
And one more thing...How do you delete departments? I can't find a delete button!
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/16 at 10:20am
If you only have 5 products, you can simply make one department...call it products, under products, put two categories, food and membership. Under food but your 4 products. Under membership put your new membership and renewal membership.

Departments, Categories, Sub Categories, Minor categories are just ORGANIZATION methods for when you have lots and lots of products. When you have only a few products, you don't need more than 1 department and you only need a few categories and you can ignore the rest.

In terms of the different pricing, use Attributes. Attributes allow for minor changes to products like price changes, colors, and sizes for slight variations without having to create a whole new product for them.

To delete a picture, simply upload a new picture and it replace the old picture with the new picture. You can delete a picture and have no picture because it needs at least some kind of picture to display.
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/16 at 10:35am
You go into Departments, click the "MORE" button next to the department you want to delete, go to the bottom and press the delete button.

NOTE:
Deleting a department will delete all the categories and all the products underneath. Make sure you "re-categorize" your products and categories before hand before you delete that department and everything the department includes.

Edited by admin - March/14/16 at 10:36am
Sherry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/16 at 10:46am
What does this error message mean?
"Error: The maximum number of categories for you license is: 5. See SalesCart website to upgrade!”

I cannot delete the blank departments.
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/16 at 11:00am
The SalesCart free version only allows you 10 products and/or 5 departments/categories.
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/16 at 11:04am
We just deleted both of your blank departments logged in as you without issue by doing as we indicated. We clicked on More, then went down and pressed Delete. They are now both deleted which put you back below the limit and the error message is gone.

For the # of products you have, you ONLY need one department, and 1-2 categories. We suggest you go from 2 departments down to just 1.

Edited by admin - March/14/16 at 11:04am
Sherry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/16 at 9:25am
Do I have to have all three sizes of pictures? What if I only want small pictures?

How do I delete the other picture sizes?
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/16 at 10:03am
You have to have 3 pictures. The smaller picture is for the thumbnail that shows up listing pages. The medium picture shows on detail pages. The large picture allows people to blow up and look at the details. You can create a blank picture of all "white space", but we don't recommend it as these basic 3 sizes are what people expect.
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/16 at 11:11am
You can download this image and use it to show no image. However over the space with your mouse and right click on it and choose Save as....
Image below vvvv

Image above ^^^^

Edited by admin - March/15/16 at 11:12am
atenhotep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atenhotep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/16 at 6:49pm
Quote In terms of the different pricing, use Attributes. Attributes allow for minor changes to products like price changes, colors, and sizes for slight variations without having to create a whole new product for them.

This says attributes can be used for colors. I am wondering if there is a way to associate different images with an attribute, so that a shopper can see what the change of color actually looks like when they pick a specific "color" attribute?
This did not work for me using a drop down.

Curiously!
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/16 at 7:56pm
It doesn't do it currently, but as you can see the software already collects the images for this so it is on our road map.
atenhotep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atenhotep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/16 at 1:44am
Thx! Unfortunately for me, that means I need another solution.
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/16 at 11:02am
Ok, thanks for trying the software.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic