Issues setting up face book store

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Issues setting up face book store
    Posted: October/10/14 at 9:55am
We put the mock store up specifically so you can see real data and see where and what a particular entry that you type, actually shows up.

The best way to learn, is really to experiment and change the names or other elements and see how it changes on the store. You can actually do that with two browser windows/tabs. Make the change, and then on the other browser just hit F5 and you will see the effect of the change you made. However, basically a "short name" shows up when that is only a small amount of space to display about the product. So a short name displays right up under the image of a category or product when a customer first sees something. When they drill down, they are given the longer name and more stuff. So basically, its based on "drill down" with Short Name<Full Name<Short Description<Full Description.

Its easy enough that if you mess something up, you just change it. The only thing you will worry about for now is under the Catalog Tab. We suggest you "MODIFY" the existing category, departments and products FIRST. Then and only then should you set out to create NEW categories and products. If you don't do it that way, you will basically "delete" your "example". Catalog is "front of the store". Ignore the other tabs for now: The Store tab is for the "checkout" and the Orders tab is "back office" where you. So its in order of the way customer sees it. Product Display then Checkout then Customer Order Data.

So Goal 1:
Change a category by editing it and changing the data so it is one of your categories and edit and change the product so it is one of your products. Then go back and look at the store.

Goal 2: Then create a new category and add a new product to that category.

Goal 3: At that point, you will be pretty much set and probably go the side to create and get your images together and get your data together in an excel spreadsheet so you can just cut and paste it.

Edited by admin - October/10/14 at 10:00am
chromeglow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chromeglow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/14 at 9:40am
I have loaded my fb store and now I am trying to customize it. I need help, what do I put for short name and then name? Display ect. It is a little confusing because there is a mock stores info in the boxes right now.
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/14 at 5:38pm
The issue of FB permissions from one user to another, depending on the order they do things, or how they do things is a reoccurring problem we have been encountering with Facebook so the developers modified the app so that during the installation steps, you can re-request Facebook to redo the permissions under any condition. Please try it again. It should show Step 1 all the time now, to get those permissions right so we can get access to the list of pages you manage.
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/14 at 11:01am
What is the Facebook Page address that you are trying to add SalesCart to? Is it this one? https://www.facebook.com/ChromeGlow

Edited by admin - October/07/14 at 11:02am
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chromeglow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/14 at 10:39am
I removed and re-installed the app but it is still not working. It doesn’t give us step 1 where we have to give fb permission.
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/14 at 10:18am
Ok, try removing and re-adding the app....that usually solves the problem because you stay using Facebook as a user. The problem is in the steps, the first step we tell you is to create a Facebook Page and Facebook automatically switches you from Use as a User to Use as a Page when you do that. So unless you make the switch right afterwards before you add the app back...the app gets added as a page and not as a user. Its a Facebook issue that we are trying to come up with a solution to.

Edited by admin - October/07/14 at 10:26am
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chromeglow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/14 at 9:58am
Yes I am logged in as the user not the page. I will try what you suggested and let you know.

Thank You
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/14 at 9:48am
Are you logged in as the Page, or the User?

This can happen if you add the app as the page instead of the user. You always need to make sure you switch to "Using Facebook as YOU". Only the user can operate the App.

Ok, please try this. Log in Facebook as your "user account", not as your page. So in the middle of Facebook, you should have your picture and your name and not the name of the page. If not, switch to your user account using the upside down triangle at the right hand side of Facebook. Then click on Facebooks Home button. On the left side, you should see Apps, and if you hover over Apps, the word More suddenly shows up. Click on More. Find the SalesCart App and go to the star that hovers as Edit. Click on the Star, and select Remove App. Wait a few seconds. Stay logged in as the user. Then go to https://www.facebook.com/games/salesbasket to reinstall the app. Let us know if this clears the problem.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chromeglow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/14 at 7:41am
I am trying to set up my face book store sales cart and need technical support. There is no step 1 to give Face Book permissions on my page so the drop down for step 2 doesn't show any pages to add the store to. I really would like some assistance so that we can properly set up our store.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic