Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedinclude page

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macanudo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: include page
    Posted: May/04/04 at 8:24am
I am building my site dynamicly. I need to also have the "include" file dynamic as well. I need to use .asp extention to pull from the database but the salescart componenet does not like it. Has anyone attempted this and was successful? Is there a better way? I a using the includes to give me product pricing variables. I.E the product has a "base price" and can be upgraded with the include files.
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/04 at 8:38am
You can integrate the SC Product Link with your dynamic pages. What you would do is basically insert the ASP recordset placeholders within the SalesCart text fields.

So you would enter <%=(Products1.Fields.Item("SKU").Value)%> in the SKU field. Hopefully this makes sense.

Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
macanudo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macanudo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/04 at 8:49am
Will
I just want to make sure that we are talking about the same thing: How does placeing that code in the "sku" field apply to the "include" feild that the SC component provides? I guess it does not make sense to me yet...I will have to play with it and see what I come up with.
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/04 at 11:03am
I was giving an example. You can actually have your own recordset for the include page, in the include field... you can also write your own code to do dynamic includes as well.
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
macanudo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macanudo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/04 at 11:37am
AHHHH. Now it makes sense! Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic