Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCheckout leads to product registration?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmoffett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Checkout leads to product registration?
    Posted: October/18/06 at 6:39pm
Why would I get a Salescart product registration page when I click on "Continue Order" on my details1.asp page? This occurred when I first published my web via Frontpage, as opposed to using FTP.
drafting View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drafting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/06 at 4:22pm
I think you need to register the Shipping Plugin. I got that message and went back to the old version of the shipping plugin which is free.
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/06 at 4:51pm
You have to register SalesCart NET and the shipping plugin to use it each time you publish to a different location.

I would not suggest you go to the older shipping plugin. First, the rates will be completely wrong. Secondly, changes were made by USPS Oct 2004. These changes were discovered later on to possibly crash the web server where your website is on if you are using the older plugin without the incorporation of the new changes. Furthermore, the server can crash even if the USPS is not used.   The crash will manifest itself with the shipping page not coming up and the connection to USPS hanging "dead".   

Edited by admin
jmoffett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmoffett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/06 at 5:07pm
How do I go about registering? The button at the bottom of the page does nothing.
jmoffett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmoffett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/06 at 7:05am
The button at the bottom of this page does not work in Firefox; you have to use IE to move on to the registration page so you can enter your serial number and other information. It's hard to believe it took over a week to figure that out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic