Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedquantity discount

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: quantity discount
    Posted: September/08/06 at 2:51pm
We are using SalesCart Pro with the Product Management Plugin. We have multiple products that receive discounts at varying quantity levels. For example, item 1234 receives qty discounts of 5% with qtys of 5-9, 10% with qtys of 10-14, and 15% with qtys of 15 or more. Item 5678 receives 5% with qtys of 8-12, 10% with qtys of 13-17, and 15% with qtys of 18 or more. Even though our products receive the same quantity discount (5%, 10% or 15%), they receive them at different quantity levels. How can I set this up to function properly? Or maybe a better question is, can this be accomplished using the dynamic database? If so, how?
ohio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/06 at 3:37pm
I believe I found a solution:

I created six fields in the products db named level1, level2, level3, discount1, discount2, and discount3. I set discount1, discount2, and discount3 field types to Number/Percent.

In the Discount tab of the SalesCart component on the more.asp page, I selected "Use % Discount". Under Volume Discount, I inserted the following in the level 1 field: <%=FP_FieldVal(fp_rs,"Level1")%> and <%=FP_FieldVal(fp_rs,"Discount1")%> in the % or Abs Amt field. I did the same for each of the subsequent fields, i.e. level 2, level 3, etc.

mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/06 at 2:49pm
Yes that will work.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic