Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDHL shipping key

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonJolliff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DHL shipping key
    Posted: September/05/06 at 5:46pm
How do I obtain a key so that I may use that part of the shipping plug-in?

Thank you for your help.
JasonJolliff View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonJolliff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/06 at 5:47pm
By the way my site is www.GoodIndie.com

Thanks again
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/06 at 5:50pm
You get the key from DHL. Its kind of an elaborate process that DHL makes you go through...you really have to look in the shipping plugin manual for this. There is also a form there you have to send them.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonJolliff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/06 at 5:54pm
I had spent some time talking with DHL tech support and after doing some running around he gave me another number to call. When I call THAT number they have me call the people that I just spoke with. I did some google research and found an email address to request the shipping key. I got an email saying this:
"We do not recognize ComCity as a certified 3rd Party Vendor on the XML API. Attached is the application for coding directly to us along with the documentation."

Do I just need to fill out that form? Is that the form you were talking about. In an earlier email he asked:
"Are you coding directly to us or using a certified 3rd Party Vendor's shopping cart module? If a 3rd Party's module, please advise which one so the appropriate information is provided to you."

Thank you for your prompt reply
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/06 at 6:03pm
If you start calling DHL your doing to be going around and around and around. There are only a few occassions where I say "read the manual" as I know folks don't like to hear that.   

However, I think this is one case, theres no easy around it.
Page 41. Using DHL Shipping
Specifically the section entitled:
Register for ShipIT service with DHL.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonJolliff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/06 at 6:46pm
I actually looked in the manual first but could only find information about USPS, UPS, and FedEx. I think I must have an older manual or something. Is there somewhere else where I can find that info. Can I get an updated manual?

Thank you for your help
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/06 at 9:11am
What version of SalesCart do you have?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonJolliff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/06 at 10:50am
Version 5 point something.
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/06 at 11:42am
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonJolliff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/06 at 12:46pm
Great, Mike. Got it, sent it, waiting. Thank you for your help.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonJolliff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/06 at 6:54pm
I just got a response back from DHL. They approved my application and provided me with the shipping key. I plugged the information into the shipping configurator for DHL and hit the "apply changes" button and then I got:
Could not update configuration files.
Error: Object required

...help...
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/06 at 8:33am
About the only thing I can think of is you updated the shipping plugin and did not update with a new version of the xml .ini configuration file that holds the settings.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonJolliff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/06 at 10:55am
So....where might I obtain a new version of the xml .ini configuration file?

Thank you for your assistance.
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/06 at 1:03pm
It comes with the Shipping plugin.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonJolliff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/06 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by mike mike wrote:

About the only thing I can think of is you updated the shipping plugin and did not update with a new version of the xml .ini configuration file that holds the settings.

So what is the name of the file(s) that I need to "extract" then? I started a new web for the sole purpose of copy-and-pasting it into my existing web but...I don't really know what I'm looking for. You mentioned xml and .ini files. I have the SalesCart Pro version for Front Page 2002.

Thank you
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/06 at 2:48pm
Its not in SalesCart PRO, its in the shipping plugin. I believe it is called shippingini.xml
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic