FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedManual entry of shipping cost

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
JasonJolliff View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonJolliff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Manual entry of shipping cost
    Posted: September/06/06 at 12:27pm
I can understand that as a group but...surely someone there is interested in taking their knowledge of this product and making some cash on this side. Yes? No? Yes...?
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/06 at 12:16pm
We would be interested in doing it in ASP.NET for SalesCartNET but we are avoiding new programming whenever possible in ASP.

Edited by mike
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonJolliff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/06 at 11:55am
I wil fill out a feature request but in the meantime...is there ANYONE out there who could make this customization??? It can't be that hard. Because of how powerful this would make our system, I am eager to implement this function as soon as possible. I'd be willing to pay someone to do it.

Any takers? This goes for you SalesCart guys too.

:-)

Thanks for the help Mike
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/06 at 11:45am
Well you would size to do whatever you want with it so as to differentiate the criteria....its still a bit fuzy to me.

In terms of the other thing your talking about, I would put in a feature request here:
http://support.salescart.com/bugrep.htmfeature request here

However, keep in mind that most new product additions would appear in SalesCart NET as ASP as a technology has really been made out of date by asp.net
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonJolliff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/06 at 11:23am
Hmmm...how would the size thing work? I see in the product link a box that says "size" but, how would I use that logically for this issue. What "dimension" is that box even for? Longest side? Total girth? Just curious. Although I understand what your saying about having to customize that whole thing to allow for that calculation. Like if the package was over a certain "size" then it would not allow USPS shipping to the particular country IF it was one of the country's that does not allow THAT size. Seems pretty complicated. Most ideal...but complicated.

So what about my origianl question then? Is it possible to put in a little 3 character textbox that would allow me to manually enter a shipping cost as I am entering an order for a customer? To me this would open up a whole new world of ease of use for this product and would be a huge benefit and time saver as well as appearing more professional to my customers...simply because I am able to process the order with them much quicker.

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate your time.
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/06 at 9:11am
Well thats not trivial....You could use the size value in the product link to specify the size...but you would need to completely customize the shipping plugin programmatically to deal with the size differential.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonJolliff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/06 at 6:44pm
Sorry about that. Allow me to explain. When a customer goes through checkout and selects USPS as the shipping option, we must go to the USPS web site, look up the customers country, and then verify that their postal service will allow packages of the size that we ship (52" length) into the country. Some countries have a max length of 42" or 46" which we exceed. Other countries have a max of like 60" so we would be ok shipping via USPS.

Make sense?

Thank you for your help
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/06 at 5:51pm
You never really explained out "someone" or "the shopping cart" would determine who is or is not eligible for USPS....whats the determining factor(s). Is it programmatic or predicatable?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonJolliff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/06 at 5:48pm
By the way, my website is www.GoodIndie.com

Thanks again
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonJolliff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/06 at 5:39pm
Hello SalesCart guys. Again I would like to thank you for a wonderful product. Even with my limited knowledge of ASP programming I am able to get into the code and tweak it the way I would like it to work.

Here is something that I am working on but can't seem to get it to work. It CAN'T be that difficult.

I am doing a lot of international shipping of some large products. Sometimes the product is too big to ship via USPS (some country's postal service will not allow our-sized boxes in). With those customers, I would LOVE to be able to enter their order for them as I talk to them on the phone of via my LIVE CHAT service. I have left off the option to ship via USPS during checkout because I don't want them to select that service (which is always the cheapest) only to get a call from me stating that we can't ship it via that method because of their country restrictions. But for the ones that CAN be shipped that way, I want to be able to manually enter a shipping cost during the checkout process (probably on shipping2.asp) via a little textbox. This would save me sooo much time.

So how 'bout it...is this possible?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic