Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTrial version, install on local computer?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twinrocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trial version, install on local computer?
    Posted: July/30/06 at 11:17pm
I downloaded the trial version because I think this is the cart I need. I have never done a shopping cart before. When opening I saw it stated all elements would not work unless installed on a server. I am trying this out, so was hoping that I could install it on my personal computer to make sure I can actually do it, before purchasing.

Any help from all of you? Can I install the cart on my local computer and figure out how to use it first, or do I need to somehow install it on a windows server (I will be using FP 2003) for the website.

Thanks for any help!
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/06 at 8:58am
You need a server to run a shopping cart. Either you have to have a server running or the shopping cart if its a shopping cart service provides the service. Shopping carts do complex database queries and other mathmatical operations. These sorts of operations require a server to perform. You can install the trial without the server and do everything up to the point of actually seeing the cart running.....at that point, you should be able to publish it to your ISP. Create a separate subweb and have your ISP make it an application root and you can view it off there if you don't want to do anything to your current running website.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic