Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTransaction Processing not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jodi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transaction Processing not working
    Posted: May/31/06 at 1:05pm
I'm very frustrated. I can not get the plug-in for Authorize.net to work. It goes thru as if the transaction was completed but it does not actually go the the authorize.net site and get authorization etc. What have I done wrong and I thot it was suppose to be user friendly and don't have to know code.

Help anyone?
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/06 at 9:52am
I doubt you have the AuthorizeNet plugin actually installed. If so, the transactions either would show up on AuthorizeNet or you would get error messages. If you open up your /cgi-bin/tp.asa file, what is the processing type set to. If its "0", then you do not have processing turned on. If its 0, you need to rerun the AuthorizeNet plugin wizard, and input your settings.

The most common mistake we see with AuthorizeNet is that folks put their AuthorizeNet password in to the settings instead of their AuthorizeNet KEY....these are completely different.
Jodi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jodi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/06 at 12:24pm
Yes, the processing type is "0". I have rerun the plug-in wizard several times and that never changes. Do I need to manually go into the tp.asa file and just insert the information? When you refer to the KEY - what is that? Not the information that comes up with the plug-in?
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/06 at 1:46pm
Well when you rerun the wizard, are you publishing the tp.asa file up from where your running it...it would change it locally...and you would need to publish the changed file up to the server. The only thing the TP wizard does is change the tp.asa file....so I would say your definetly doing something wrong. When you run the TP wizard and select AuthorizeNet instead of No Processing, it changes this number in the tp.asa file

Do you have FrontPage or Dreamweaver?
Jodi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jodi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/06 at 1:57pm
I'm running Dreamweaver. I did actually get it to work. The plug-in did nothing but when I changed it manually, I got the error messages I should have and I found it as a transaction on Authorize.Net. Not sure what was/is going on with the plug-in. Now I'm just working on getting the customer their email confirmation receipts and the merchant receipts. Not getting those any more.
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/06 at 2:09pm
There are 2 (two) different wizards. One wizard for the shopping cart and one wizard for the transaction processing plugin. The regular wizard is the only thing that can effect the customers email. The TP wizard has the picture of the engine on it. I'm sure you are not doing something obvious. Can you post a screen shot of the TP wizard showing the screen where you click on the AuthorizeNet processing please...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic