Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJust an idea

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just an idea
    Posted: December/21/05 at 10:40pm
Can the PDF manual that comes with Salescart be updated at all?

I do realise that lots of fixes are in the knowledge base- from a personal point of view I would much prefer documentation which sets it all out and tells you fixes to known issues when you first get hold of salescart initally.

There have been times when I have tried to get things working when the problem has a know fix which I didn't realise was needed- the first assumption is to think you have set up or entered something incorrectly- not that things need modifying code wise with a patch or fix to get things working.

I do know I can search the knowledge base but surely an updated manual or even a PDF troubleshooting manual would be more helpful- making a PDF isn't too taxing after all.

Just an idea
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/06 at 2:52pm
A fix to a problem is typically related to other non-routine things such as FrontPage, the particular ISP you have and/or some other changed or unplanned external event since release. The manual is an overview. It can't anticipate every problem....if we could, we would simply codify around it anyways, so we wouldn't even have to document it....and over the long term we do.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic