Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFront Page messing up global.asa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Front Page messing up global.asa
    Posted: December/05/05 at 1:05pm
Every time when I publish site on server, Front Page 2002 keeps changing my Sales Cart global.asa file adding something. Therefore I need to manually edit global.asa on the live server, in order for Sales Cart to work. Is this Front Page bug? How can I resolve this?

Thank you,
Jason
Andy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/05 at 7:52pm
Jason,

You could try FTP through windows- this works every time
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/05 at 9:49am
See KB http://support.salescart.com/kb/KB-details.asp?key=5483

TWO Ways:
1) Comment out the FrontPage line as the KB suggests which will permanently fool FrontPage...it rewrites the code but doesn't seem to recognize that the call to the sub is commented out

, or

2) Make your username a space.

3) Also, I believe if you give your database a username and password and encrypt it, which is a good idea, then it seems to bypass the FrontPage code as well.
jason2004 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/05 at 11:16am
Hi Mike,

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it. Is there any way that you could show exactly how the global.asa file should look in order to “fool” Front Page. I’ve seen the above mentioned thread but I wasn’t sure what I need to remove from global.asa.

Thank you!
Jason

Originally posted by mike mike wrote:

See KB http://support.salescart.com/kb/KB-details.asp?key=5483

TWO Ways:
1) Comment out the FrontPage line as the KB suggests which will permanently fool FrontPage...it rewrites the code but doesn't seem to recognize that the call to the sub is commented out

, or

2) Make your username a space.

3) Also, I believe if you give your database a username and password and encrypt it, which is a good idea, then it seems to bypass the FrontPage code as well.
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/06 at 2:46pm
Hard to show you that here....because when you write code it gets interpreted as html....but basically its just a commented out line. Search for the first occurance of FrontPage_ConvertFromODBC and put a single apostrophy in front of it.

' FrontPage_ConvertFromODBC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic