Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedQuotation Marks in Product Name

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PamC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quotation Marks in Product Name
    Posted: November/15/05 at 8:49am
When I use quotation marks in a product name, such as 12" Ruler, and then select Retrieve Previous Orders from the View Cart and select this item from my previous order and add it to the shopping cart, everything after the quotation mark (and including the quotation mark) is dropped from the product name. The product name shows up in the shopping cart simply as 12.

If I search for this product and add it to the shopping cart, there isn't a problem. It's only when I select the item from a previous order that everything after the quotation mark is dropped from the product name.

I need to be able to use quotation marks in the product name in order to distinguish one product from the other.

I had noticed a similar problem with using an apostrophe in the company name field during the checkout process. For example, a company with a name of Pam's Pharmacy cannot use the apostrophe in the company name field or the page will error out. Our work around to this problem was to place a notice on our site asking our customers to not use an apostrophe. It would be great if there was a solution that would allow our customers to use apostrophes.

Thanks!
Andy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/05 at 8:07pm
This isn't much of a help i know but you could use metric measurements- 300mm instead of 12".

We don't use imperial measurements anymore so it's not an issue for us
Selahbooks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Selahbooks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/05 at 11:21am
Have you checked out Article 5380 in the Knowledge Base? It does resolve the problem, but may not be practical if your customers are inputting data.
davidmurphy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidmurphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/05 at 7:49am
We've had the same problem. So instead we use the text (12 Inch hose) or 12-In.Hose).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic