Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCould not open data connection. Error:

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidmurphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Could not open data connection. Error:
    Posted: October/29/05 at 2:34pm
My site stopped working last night. Now when you try to browst to it: www.dieselmanor.com you get the following page:

Could not open data connection. Error:
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
The Invalid ConnectionString is defined as:

The site is hosted on Comcitys shared hosting platform.

Any ideas why and what needs to be done? I called Support, and after waiting.... messages, and finially talking w/ Robert, he said he'd create a ticket. We're loosing money. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

David Murphy
DieselManor, Inc.

Edited by davidmurphy
JasonJolliff View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonJolliff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/05 at 3:25pm
I'm having the same problem. Did you ever get this resolved?
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/06/05 at 10:20am
It appears to be working fine now on DieselManor. This error basically means there is no database connection. Either you did not specify one when you ran the wizard or, it might be this KB. This FrontPage bug manifests itself in a variety of ways by messing up your ODBC DB connector.

http://support.salescart.com/kb/KB-details.asp?key=5483
JasonJolliff View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonJolliff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/06/05 at 1:06pm
I used the instruction that you listed in the KB article (comment out that line in the global.asa file) and it seems to be working. I'll keep an eye on it.

Thank you for the help.
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/05 at 1:40pm
Yeh...wierd huh?

FrontPage destroys the connection string.... In fact, even if you build the connection string within FrontPage, it still gets destroyed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic