Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedColumn removal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cibolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Column removal
    Posted: September/25/05 at 8:32pm
Is it possible to remove columns setup by SalesCart? ie: weight, spec/info, stock count. I have checked the Knowledge Base and could not find anything. If I am over looking it could someone point me in the correct direction?
Thanks
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/05 at 8:34am
What database are you referring to?
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
cibolo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cibolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/05 at 9:54am
It is the Products database (access database). I need to remove 3 columns from view on the website. (Spec/Info, Weight, Stk Count) (preview web page) I tried just removing them from the database but that caused the webpage to go crazy. I checked all through the knowledge base on the SalesCart Technical Support webpage but was unable to find anything. But I looked through so many pages I probably over looked it.
Thanks
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/05 at 11:25am
Ah, do you want to just remove it from the page or the database? If it is the page, then you just remove them and not touch the database.

If you remove the columns from the database and still have the page refers to those columns, then your ASP page will stop responding. That's just the norm because you have the ASP script look for something that's not there and that causes it to error out.

A good rules of thumb, remove the column from both the database and the ASP scripts that refer to it.
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic