Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedemail not being sent

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phbrowne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: email not being sent
    Posted: March/31/04 at 8:38am
Hello

We use our site (quincyadulted.com) for registering adult education learners. We allow the registration portion (salescart) three times a year while registrations are going on and only allow browsing the courses during the rest of the year.

My problem: the email confirmation (sent to the customer) and the notification (sent to the school) have stopped working. No error message, just no email. It was working fine the last time we brought the site down and I have made no modifications to anything except the lobby.asp page. I have checked with the ISP and they are running both CDONTS and CDOSYS on the server, and the server is not Windows 2003 (Windows 2000). I checked the wizard to make sure that email was enabled - it is. I also checked the global.asa file and see the two email addresses which the notification emails are to be sent...

I am stumped. Any suggestions would be appreicated.
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/04 at 8:46am
Hi Patricia, take a look at receipt2.asp (in the code) see if you have the following lines:

<!--#include file="sendemail.asp"-->
<!--#include file="merc-conf.asp"-->

If you do, then let us know. Usually if the emails aren't going out, it is because the server is stopping them. But that is the worst case scenario...
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
phbrowne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phbrowne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/04 at 8:54am
This is all I have in the beginning - the merc-conf is there, but not the sendmail

<!--#include file="codepage.asp"-->
<!--#include file="ADOVBS.inc"-->
<!--#include file="IASUtil.asp"-->
<!--#include file="merc-conf.asp"-->

should I add it? does the order matter?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/04 at 8:55am
Sendemail.asp will send the email to the customer. Unless if you have an old version of SalesCart, which has a separate page for that function.
Techno Geek
phbrowne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phbrowne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/04 at 9:20am
I made the change, uploaded the page and this is the error message I get after I click for an email receipt

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0141'

Page Command Repeated

/cgi-bin/sendemail.asp, line 1

The @ command can only be used once within the Active Server Page.

this is a copy of line 1, sendmail.asp
<%@ LANGUAGE="VBScript.Encode" %>
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/04 at 9:30am
Right but if you look at my previous reply I didn't ask you to do this. If you have SalesCart PRO 3 or below, then this isn't the right way. At any rates, <%@ LANGUAGE="VBScript.Encode" %> is repeated twice on receipt2.asp and sendemail.asp, that's why the error is coming up.
Techno Geek
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/04 at 9:44am
PS. I sent you an email with a script to test out the email server without SalesCart. Let's see if that works first.
Techno Geek
phbrowne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phbrowne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/04 at 10:04am
okay...I removed
<!--#include file="sendemail.asp"-->
from reciept2.asp and saved the file to the server

I uploaded the cdonts-test.asp to the server into the cg-bin folder and opened the file in my browser. It appears that the application went through...did you get the email?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/04 at 10:09am
I haven't received the email yet. How long ago was that? Sometimes it takes about 10-15 minutes before it comes through but if it takes longer, then we know the server is stopping the emails.
Techno Geek
phbrowne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phbrowne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/04 at 10:10am
about 5 minutes ago...I went it and edited it, added my own email addresses and saved it to a different name and tested it again. So we should both get emails.
phbrowne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phbrowne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/04 at 10:25am
so far...nothing. I am guessing that the emails aren't getting through. Does this mean I there is something that the ISP has set/not set to allow emails to be forwarded? They are running CDONTS and CDOSYS.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/04 at 10:38am
Probably. The other thing you can do is try the CDOSYS version. http://support.salescart.com/kb/KB-details.asp?key=5316 Sometimes the web host require the scripts to authenticate an actual user and for this you need CDOSyS. It might be worth a try.
Techno Geek
phbrowne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phbrowne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/04 at 11:26am
I updated all files except 3_sendmail.asp, customer_login.asp and affiliate_login.asp - those three files I do not have.

Now when I run it, I get to through confirm2.asp and when I click on confirm the order, it fails on receipt2.asp. here is the error message:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01b6'

Object doesn't support this property or method: 'objMail.SetAuthUser'

?, line 0

any thoughts?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/04 at 11:54am
You might want to comment out the line that has 'objMail.SetAuthUser'.
Techno Geek
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/04 at 12:29pm
You may want to download the zip file that includes CMail.asp from the knowledge article again. Be sure and overwrite your existing version of this file located in the cgi-bin folder.
phbrowne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phbrowne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/04 at 1:12pm
I ended up having to comment out both the set.auth.user and pw lines to get anything to work. I also downloaded a copy of cmail and overwrote the existing file. Still no email.

?????

I also reran the cdonts-test and nothing....

any other thoughts?
phbrowne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phbrowne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/04 at 1:41pm
I've just asked the hosting company to take a look at it from their end and see what's going on. Can't hurt...
phbrowne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phbrowne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/01/04 at 12:22pm
After much (much) back and forth, the general consensus at my ISP is that I need to go back to using CDONTS instead of CDOSYS. What do I do to go back to CDONTS?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic