Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedShipping Rates Still Wrong!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkc101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shipping Rates Still Wrong!
    Posted: September/12/05 at 2:39pm
Has anyone been able to get the UPS shipping rates to calculate correctly? I'm shipping a package today that the shipping plug-in returned a rate that is $11.84 less than what the actual UPS charge is for the same package via the internet!   I've downloaded the current CSV zone from UPS and it's still way off!

Any idea why?

I can't afford to give that much away due to shipping rate errors!

Help!!!!

Thanks

JKC101

'----------------------------------------------------------- ---------
' Requires myups.csv file which contains the applicable ups zones for your zip code in the same folder
' Requires ups-zones.mdb in the /fpdb folder with the most up-to-date ups charges per zone
' Assumes you have a daily pickup service and are shipping the most expensive residential charges
'----------------------------------------------------------- ---------

I found this section in the upsinstant.asp...My question is...where do I find the "ups-zones.mdb" I don't have that DB? Could this be my problem?

JKC101

Edited by jkc101
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/05 at 4:29pm
UPS rates that are provided to us do not include the fuel and the other surcharges so the fees are going to be considerably less. That is why you can add your own surcharge.
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
wscharen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wscharen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/05 at 11:47am
Hi JKC101,

Have you been able to get the UPS rates to work on your site? I am having problems as well. Sometimes the rates are correct sometimes they are way off.
jkc101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkc101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/05 at 12:43pm
No ma'am....

The shipping plug-in seems to be lacking considerable flexablity.   It assumes all packages are "Residential" unless Air is selected. The fuel surcharge is not considered at all. There is no place to allow for "Over Sized" packages. And I believe the insurance value is base on Invoice total. (Would be nice to insure only the "Wholesale" value since that's all I would be out in the event of a loss!)

I have been trying to find a balance by adjusting the "Surcharge" and the "Additional" package charges in the shipping/forms/index.asp. (Note: The changes did not apply through the asp, so jus edit the Shippingini.xml directly, notice the bottom section and correct the default ship from info!) This methode, so far, is High on smaller shipments and Under on larger shipment.

I just gave up on the FedEx portion, nowhere to start and no vaild "CSV" file for FedEx.

JKC

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/05 at 11:30am
Fuel surchage is not considered because it is not provided. FYI.

The other thing is that we've implemented the new USPS, UPS, FedEx and DHL API in the .NET product so that is an option and we will give you an upgrade discount if you consider going that route.

Edited by Techno Geek
Techno Geek
wesonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wesonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/05 at 2:15pm
Just to let you know. We set DHL as our shipper and it seemed to have worked. If fact, the the quoted rates were a little less than the rates we got when going directly to UPS and FedEX. The DHL implementation in "PRO" appears to be totally different than the way UPS and FedEX are implementated in "PRO", there are no tables to download and try to keep insync. The DHLreal.asp module appears to go directly to DHL's web site to get it rates.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/05 at 5:18pm
That's right, both DHL and USPS are handled through XML GET/POST.
Techno Geek
wesonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wesonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/05 at 5:23pm
Any chance that UPS nad FedEx will also be upgraded to XML GET/POST? I believe both now offer this capability.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/05 at 8:48am
There is a good chance we will but it will be done in the SalesCart NET product since it is much more easier, flexible and scalable to do this sort of thing in ASP .NET.

In fact the FedEx API is already integrated with SalesCart NET so that leaves UPS I believe.
Techno Geek
jkc101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkc101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/05 at 9:00am
So....

Do all the PRO users that purchased in the last year get a free upgrade to .Net so we can have an accurate shipping rate too?

Just a thought.....I could be wrong!

JKC
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/05 at 9:22am
Sorry but you do get a nice discount. You might want to call and ask.
Techno Geek
jkc101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkc101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/05 at 2:35pm
Do you think they will pro-rate the discount since I purchased PRO in June, and just got the website up in September?

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/05 at 9:39am
I don't think we could pro-rate the discount because you already own SalesCart PRO and I'm sure that you're beyond the 30 day refund period.

That's why we have the discount for the existing customers.
Techno Geek
Jacktoz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacktoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/18/05 at 12:54pm
Hello,

I'm having the same problem with an upgrade from Standard 2.0 w/shipping plug-in to 3.0 w/ shipping plug-in. I was interested to read that the quote does not include UPS sur-charges as that explains the difference on the basic shipping charge difference betwee that calculated by UPS vs. the Sales Cart plug-in. What the my plug-in is not doing is calculating insurance charges. On some of our bigger ticket items, (say a $6K preamp,) that can be a $20+ undercharge. I don't recall this ever being a problem with the previous plug-in.

Has something changed or have I missed something in the setup?

There is also reference to the ups-zones.mdb in the /fpdb folder. I do not have this.

Thanks for any help that might be provided.

Jack
davidmurphy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidmurphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/06 at 7:49am
Bump,
I too would like to know about the ups-zones.mdb file. What is it and where is it? I do have a ship-zones.mdb
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/06 at 4:44pm
The ship-zone.mdb is a deprecated file from an older version....you can simply ignore it or delete it if you like.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic