Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedShipping Plug-in not providing UPS rates

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shipping Plug-in not providing UPS rates
    Posted: August/14/05 at 5:55pm
I've done as much as I can, and I simply give up. I cannot get shipping2.asp to provide instant UPS rates on the check out.

I downloaded the latest CSV and pushed it up to the server. I've read and re-read the instructions in the manual to no avail.

I've tried changing the "computmethod" variable to all of the available methods (0-5). I've tried tweaking the .ASA file. No matter what I do, I can NOT get it to provide UPS rates!

I may give up on UPS and give FedEx a try just to get it working, but if anyone can provide any input I would appreciate it.

This shipping plugin has just kicked my butt.

This problem needs more cowbell!

Edited by Prather
Prather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/14/05 at 6:46pm
UPDATE: Cannot get FedEx to run either.
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/05 at 8:42am
Which shipping plug-in are you using? Meaning, is it the latest version?

Edited by Techno Geek
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
Prather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/05 at 9:06am
Here is my version info:

Shipping Plugin Rev. 6
   Copyright C, 1995-2003
   ComCity(R) Corporation
        Rev 6, 9/18/03

It came with my purchase, but I haven't gotten it to work. I want it to ignore any values in the database and get its rates directly from UPS. I've deleted all of the info for shipping from the database, and now it's giving Free Shipping as an option.

Thanks for your help and for more cowbell! Man, I love that skit!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/05 at 11:41am
Did you make sure that you've setup the cart to calculate the shipping based on weight? Did you also go to your site's shipping administration page and configure the UPS, USPS, etc.?
Techno Geek
Prather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/05 at 1:52pm
I had already updated the shippinging configuration...the shippingini.xml file. It was quicker to edit the file directly rather than wait for my hosting support to do it for me.

How do I ensure I'm using weight-based shipping? I don't want to re-rerun the wizard in case it overwrites any of my customized code. Can't I tweak that in the .asa file?

Edited by Prather
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/05 at 2:39pm
In the global.asa or salescart.asa you should look for:

Session ("OptComputeShip0") = True

If it set to False, then you're not doing weight based.
Techno Geek
Prather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/05 at 2:53pm
It's set to true:

'        OptComputeShip: Calculate shipping based on a weight range total of all products in comparison to a range of values specified in the order database. 

Session ("OptComputeShip0") = True

'        OptComputeShip: Calculate shipping based on a volume range total of all products in comparison to a range of values specified in the order database.
Session ("OptComputeShip1") = False

'        OptComputeShip: Calculate shipping based on a Value range total of all products in comparison to a range of values specified in the order database.
Session ("OptComputeShip2") = False

'        OptComputeShip: Calculate shipping based on a quantity range total of all products in comparison to a range of values specified in the order database.
Session ("OptComputeShip3") = False

'        OptComputeShip: Calculate shipping based only on adding up set values specified for each product.
Session ("OptComputeShip4") = False

'        OptComputeShip: Calculate shipping based only the absolute combined values of all products purchased.
Session ("OptComputeShip5") = False

'        OptShipFlat: Use percentages (%) if shipping is computed on the whole order.
Session ("OptShipFlat0") = False
'        OptShipFlat: Use an absolute shipping cost if shipping is computed on the whole order.
Session ("OptShipFlat1") = False
'        TxtShipFlatAmount: Enter the percentage or absolute cost of shipping if whole order shipping is used.
Session ("TxtShipFlatAmount") = "0"
'        TxtProdName: Specify the description to be shown for Product-Based Shipping
Session ("TxtProdName") = "Weight-Based Shipping"
'        TxtFlatName: Specify the description to be shown for Flat-Order Based Shipping
Session ("TxtFlatName") = "Flat-Order Shipping sent by FedEx"
Prather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/16/05 at 1:13pm
Any other ideas on this problem? The store in question is at http://www.scottsdalepilotshop.com/shop/mall

Still needs more cowbell

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic