Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedShipping Plugin Issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maximo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shipping Plugin Issues
    Posted: July/29/05 at 12:45am
Where do the rates come from? I was told that this was a subscription to the usps. How are the rates calculated
Andy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/05 at 4:40pm
Maximo,

I believe the USPS plug in is based on coding that is either supplied by that company or based on their rates and coded elsewhere.

The whole purpose of USPS subscription is, as I understand it that if they update their shipping prices then viola your shipping rates in salescart get updated at the same time.

Gotta be like this I recon mate- otherwise you could just crank in the rates from a USPS rate card- there would be no point in a plug in if it's not connected up digitally.

If you go this route you should plan in time for bug fixes and niggles- more than likely at USPS end.

Have you tried looking at the USPS website? Before I got my worldpay bridge from ComCity I spent a while talking to one of their tech chaps to get the full SP on what was involved in implementing and connecting- you should expect to spend time doing this with USPS- I would if I were you.

Check the Salescart manual that came with the software- shipping plug in are explained in there.

I would love this plug in but I'm UK based and none of the parcel players are up to speed on this.

Hope that helps you matey.
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/02/05 at 12:17pm
With USPS you register with them, enter the registration information in your shipping plug-in and it will make an XML call to the USPS servers to obtain the fees.
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic