Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedProduct Management Plug-in

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Product Management Plug-in
    Posted: July/28/05 at 4:55pm
Ok, trying to use the product plugin. I have installed it but after adding to my site now everytime i click add item i get a page cannot be displayed error. What am i missing?

Thanks in advance :)
Andy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/05 at 4:50pm
Mikea,

I don't yet have the product plugin but it's on my shopping list.

I'll try and have a stab at helping you out.

If you are getting a page not displayed message it could be one of two reasons.

1) there is a permission problem on your server.
2) the URL for the page you are trying to add the product to is not 100% correct.

The first thing I would do is check to see if the management plugin is in the right place- all it takes is for something to be in the wrong folder and you will get page not found errors.

URL paths have go to be 100% bang on- for example if a page ends .htm instead of .html a page not displaid error will appear if you use the .htm version.

Another thing to try is to cut and paste the error message and go to the microsoft site and dump it into the search box and hit go. I do this quite a lot and usually you get good answers.

Are you using a frontpage extended server or do you have to FTP? I have an FTP connection to a salescart site and I do know that it doesn't always register updated pages or items.

One easy way I have found to give the FTP server a kick is to log in using the firefox browser (which is free from mozilla). For some reason this approach seems to help.

Let us know how you get on
Cheers
Andy
mikea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/05 at 5:06pm
I called the help desk and they sent me a link for the fix. The checkpost.asp in the release of product management doesn't work. It was working fine before adding the product management plugin.

I like the product so far and the price is good. They answer my questions so far when I call. I just wish they would respond to posts in here as fast as they respond to the flames. That way I wouldn't have to bother them with a call. Also the knowledge base didn't show this fix when searching for my problem. That could be added.

Anyway they got me going, so thanks guys.

here is the resolution for anyone who is looking

http://support.salescart.com/kb/KB-details.asp?key=5127
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic