Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedProduct Mgt Problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wscharen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Product Mgt Problems
    Posted: July/07/05 at 2:04pm
I am having problems with the Product Mgt Plugin. I have finally gotten it all installed but now when I publish the pages to the website I get the following error.

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

/mall/default.asp, line 7

I know this has something to do with the database connections. I have setup the database connections several times and each time they verify they are working.

I browsed through the postined here and in the knowledge base and tried everything I have found but I still can not seem to make it work.

I am using FrontPage 2003.

Thank you for any help!
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/05 at 2:09pm
Data source name not found and no default driver specified means that you're trying to connect to a DSN.

Are you using MS-Access or MS-SQL
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
wscharen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wscharen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/05 at 2:13pm
This may seem really silly but I don't even know. I just have installed the Sales Cart software and then the Product Mgt software. I connected to products.mdb in the fpdb folder. I assume that means an Access DB.
wscharen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wscharen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/05 at 7:49pm
I am afriad I will be loosing my job over all of this. The onwers of the company have seen the website that promises an easy 'plug and play' website and I just can seem to make this work. I have until July 15th then I am unsure what will be happening.

anyone that can help to any extent is GREATLY apprecaited at this point!   
Andy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/05 at 2:00am
Wendy,

Lets see if we can help you out here.

OK, what type of server are you running on? Do you have frontpage extensions or not?

With frontpage extensions you can publish direct to the server- this publishing proceedure should set everything up for you- connections to the FPBD folder and the shop1.db.

IF you don't have frontpage extensions then you have to FTP the site and this is a bit trickier.

In your server software you need to manually create a database connnection and you also need to alter the connection string path in the global.asa file.

How many db files are you connecting to in your fpdb folder? You have products.db and shop1.db correct?

How does your server work on multiple db connections? I use a system that is limited to one connection this means I can't do dynamic sites as I don't have the connection space. I can update to MYSQL if I need to run dynamically.

I don't have the order manangement plug in but it's on the list of things to get.

Talk us through what precisely you need help with and I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of it.

Cheers
wscharen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wscharen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/05 at 8:33am
Andy, I can not thank you enough! I read through many of your postings here and you seem very knowledgable!

I have the site at my ISP. But with all that I have read, it seems there are sometimes problems with working with ISP's and getting them to help you get the right settings.

The server is a Microsoft 2000 OS, with IIS 5.0. It can handle multiple ODBC drivers, but my ISP says they will handle the setup of the ODBC. But I don't know what to tell them to set up.

Thank you a million!
Andy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/05 at 6:52pm
Wendy;

I have checked the error message you got on the microsoft.com site (see this page http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;2389 71)

Sounds from this like you have a permissions problem somewhere. It also says IIS 6 should be the prefered version operated.

This would explain why you cant get into your access database.

Check that you can read & write to the FPDB folder.

I would hasse your ISP as permissions and things are something the end user can't really affect.

Just tell em;

I got two access databases in the root web folder called fpdb. I must have read write permissions for this folder thanks very much :)

Should do the trick. Hopefully you won't get into too much hassle over the problems you are having- if you can show the boss that the server's at fault and the ISP is being slow in sorting this out for you it might help.

Keep us posted on how things go.

(cheers for being nice- sadly I'm no expert- just had a bit of a head start with salescart that's all- stick with it you WILL get there)

PS- do you ship boxes to the UK? I could do with sorting out some for my embroidery and sign support sites.

Cheers
Andy

wscharen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wscharen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/05 at 12:04pm
Thank you Andy!

I have gotten everything working for the most part. Sorry I have not responded to you sooner I had other major problems here I had to take care of once again. I finally hired someone to get it going and between the two of us we figure it out and I have placed the shopping cart on our FTP server which has helped dramatically.

I am now in the process of customizing things. They have extended my due date to August 15th but I still have a lot to do.

Thank you again for all your help! I have been a paid support contract with SalesCart and you respond faster than they do!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic