Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedModifying in Wizard causes huge problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericclimbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Modifying in Wizard causes huge problem
    Posted: April/22/05 at 4:12pm
I went into the Sales Cart Pro Shopping Cart Wizard to modify my exisiting conditions. I followed the instructions to tell it to send me an email when a customer orders. After I finished when you now try to access a product in my database (Microsoft Access) the following error message pops up on the webpage:

Database Results Error
The database connection named 'lugcat' is undefined.

"This problem can occur if:
* the connection has been removed from the web
* the file 'global.asa' is missing or contains errors
* the root folder does not have Scripting permissions enabled
* the web is not marked as an Application Root"

Any help, in regards to a fix, would be greatly appreciated. I'm banging my head trying to fix it and, in the meantime, my online business is completely shut down. Thanks, Eric

ericclimbs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericclimbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/05 at 4:25pm
Oh yeah -- I'll go ahead and clarify -- I'm an IDIOT because I didn't back up the page first before making changes. I had used the wizard to modify before and had no problems.

Lesson: Backup Backup Backup -- always -- before making any changes no matter how insignificant they may seem.

Anyways I'm madly rummaging through my stuff trying to find an older backup. . .

Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/05 at 4:30pm

I am assuming that you're using FrontPage? Did you go to Tools > Site Setting (Web Setting) > Database and make sure that you have a connection named: 'lugcat'
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
ericclimbs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericclimbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/05 at 4:59pm
Yep -- Frontpage.

Went in and looked, as per your instructions. No database called lugcat. Only the default SalesCart1 which goes to fpdb/shop.mdb. The status bar next to it is a "?" I clicked verify and got a checkmark but couldn't fix anything even though the global.asa file showed a modification.

As for lugcat I have no idea what that is (I bought this website, as is, and have had to work bacwards through it to figure it out)and can't find it anywhere in fp doing a "find" search (yet same search of salescart1 yields results).

I've perused the Knowledge Base but can't seem to find anything on it. . .
Andy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/05 at 3:09am
At a guess "lugcat" is the name of your product database as created by the previous owner. You can call the databases anything you like so "lugcat" is as good as any.

If the FPDB folder is not showing a database by this name or one similar than this is your problem.

You need to put a new copy of the database in here and re-establish the connection. This should fix the problem for you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic