Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockeddatabase corruption

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: database corruption
    Posted: March/24/05 at 7:52am
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone else has had a problem with their database going corrupt and unable to be repaired.

This time my customers receive this error when trying to link to a .asp page or when I try to establish a connection in frontpage under site setting:

Server error: Unable to connect to a database from the web server using the connection string 'DSN=Salescart1;DRIVER={Driver do Microsoft Access (*.mdb)}'.

The following error message comes from the database driver software; it may appear in a different language depending on how the driver is configured.
-------------------------------------------------------
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot open database '(unknown)'. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt.

Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers
Number: -2147467259 (0x80004005)

This is the error I receive when trying to access my local copy of my shop.mdb:

Microsoft accesss cannot open this file. The file is located outside your intranet or an untrusted site. Microsoft access will not open the file due to potential security problems. To open the file copy it to your machine or an accessible network location.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jenny
jenny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/05 at 11:58am
I finally just replaced the shop.mdb file with a fresh copy and my site is up and running again with a loss of my previous database. I am using Microsoft Access 2002 and the database was created in access 2000. Does this have anything to do with it?

I am still running into the following error:

Microsoft accesss cannot open this file. The file is located outside your intranet or an untrusted site. Microsoft access will not open the file due to potential security problems. To open the file copy it to your machine or an accessible network location.

I have referred to microsofts kb article # 303650
jenny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/05 at 4:39pm
Turns out microsoft kb#891818 takes care of this problem
fyz123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fyz123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/08 at 7:44am
Hi,

I think you can try a utility called Advanced Access Repair to repair your Access MDB file. It works rather well for my corrupt Access MDB files.

Hope this still can help in the future.

Alan
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/08 at 4:34pm
DRIVER={Driver do Microsoft Access (*.mdb)}'.
is not the US language driver...its an off language driver.   You should be using the English driver.

Basically Access has limitations and if you are running into problems where the database is getting corrupt, you are exceeding the limits of access. About the best you can do is 4 simulatenous connections and less than 10,15K records. Anymore than that, and Access goes bust. You need to use SQL with SalesCart.

Also, make sure and never open an Access database that is currently "online"....always make a copy. If you access it during a live Internet application is running on it, it will corrupt.

Edited by admin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic