Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedfree shipping and no totals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: free shipping and no totals
    Posted: March/10/05 at 2:37pm
I have been having an inconsistant problem with my carts. frequently an order will come through as Free Shipping. I have the free shipping set to 1000000 so nothing should be free. Additionally when this happens no taxes are applied and there is no order total on the order. The order never gets to authorize.net. The line items sho the correct line item total. Help???
cberish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cberish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/05 at 8:43am
I have been struggling with the same problem since January 10th
this year.

I even have my Cart hosted at SalesCarts own hosting service
(ComCity) and I still get this error.

Do you have the Shipping Plug-in running on your cart (the
plugin you buy to get realtime UPS and FedEx shipping)?

Where is your cart hosted at?

-Clay
frankd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/05 at 9:13am
I am not using the shipping plug in. We use a table of shipping values based upon the total of the order. It runs fine however there is some comination of using the browser back button and then navigating around the pages that causes the subtotal to get messed up.

As for hosting I use Ipower.com. It is stable but their support can be taxing. They are in a huge growth spurt and take a long time to answer calls by phone. If you use them and need phone support expect long hold times. Other than that they are ok and have done everything I have asked. I have several domains hosted with them.
cberish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cberish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/18/05 at 7:20am
HMMM...

The official word from from Sales Cart was that the shipping
plugin was responsible for my "Free Shipping" errors.

But now that I hear you have the same problem (without the
shipping plug) I am not so sure.

It seems the fix requires more digging (by Sales Cart coders) into
other ASP pages or the ASA itself.

This would explain them dragging their feet on a bug fix for
nearly 2 mos. (by the way, they state a bug fix in 10 days for
users).

Anyone at Sales Cart listening?

-Clay
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/18/05 at 5:21pm
This is one of those ghost issues... The official word is that this issue is not re-producible on a 100% consistent bases. The ambiguity of the problem makes it difficult to come up with a fix that will apply to all version. Up to this point no one has ever been able to produce this!

http://support.salescart.com/bugrep.htm

Quote Remember, if you have a technical support issue or if you have a bug, please report software anomalies via our normal contact technical support process via our online Work Order Form. We do not charge you support for issues that are characterized as Bugs or software anomalies. If you are sure your issue is a bug, you may use the normal 30 day support form to report the issue, but you need to be sure to indicate to the engineer that you wish to have your issue escalated as a bug. If you are not sure your issue is a bug are believe that it is, you may use the paid support form, and if the issue is later determined to be a bug at the conclusion of the support incident, your supports charges will be refunded to you.

Our software is based on the customer feedback. If you just say fix it and don't tell us what is broken, then we can't fix it. I understand that this situation is more unique and even more difficult to produce but we need customer feedback to be able to point it out. If you have a way to produce the issue, then reply here.
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
frankd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/18/05 at 7:00pm
I realy don't want to get into a thrust and parry regarding this issue. However, I have posted here in the forum regarding this issue as well as via the normal technical support. I have given what I thought was a good amount of detail on what I believe the issue to be. My original submission was #24044. I was provided with two modules View1 and shipping2. I put these in place and it made matters worse. I posted a followup to this number (24068) and as of yet no one has responded to me about it. "Ghost" issue or not it is costing me money and shipping when this happens. Please do not say to go to the customer and ask for the shipping fee after the order has been executed becaus that would not be the right thing to do. Perhaps a little correspondence on my tickets would be helpful. I would like to work this out as I believe I know how it happens but I do not want to chnge the code to repair it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic