Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockeddatabase permissions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clive Q Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: database permissions
    Posted: February/20/05 at 3:38pm
I created a database from the web control panel.

I then connected to the database with SQL Enterprise Manager and went to restore the database generated by salescart SQL.

I did not have permission to do this and
cannot see how I can reset permissions.

Can anybody advise?
jula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/05 at 11:14am
hello, did you enter a user name and password when setting up the database?. If so you need to put this information in to allow to connect to the database. Also you will need to check your permissons by right clicking the mouse on the database you created in enterprise manager and clicking properties, then permissons. here you will see which users can access the database.

Jula
Clive Q View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clive Q Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/05 at 12:58pm
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have asked tec-support for help and they have acknowledged. I was however trying to solve it myself through this board.

My web is hosted by comcity and you can use the web control panel to set-up a new database, this I did.

I then used enterprise manager to take the SalesCart generated database and restore the file to this new database (as their instructions). This is where I have the permission issue. Also, I cannot change the permissions as you suggested. There is another user listed (I assume a comcity person) who has permission. I am now assuming that when you set up a new database the default is this user and they have to grant you permission.

Also, when I connected enterprise manager the “new database” menu was grayed out, in other words you could not use it to create a new database. This is probably correct as you use their web control panel to create one.

I will let you know tec supports answer.

Cheers
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/05 at 8:15am
Please understand that with a shared hosting platform you are going to be limited to only database owner permissions on the Microsoft SQL server. This means you will not be able to do bulk-inserts, backup database, etc.

What you should have done is create the database from your control panel, then submitted a support ticket requesting the database to be restored from our end. This is because the system admin would have to do a bulk-insert to create the database properly.

This same rules applies to any other web hosting company...
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
Clive Q View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clive Q Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/05 at 6:55pm
I have no issue with this but I followed the instructions on the control panel, instructions in the manual and also in the text files created by SalesCart. But appreciate what you say so how do I actually get it done. I have already sent in a support ticket on this subject.

Do I need to send in another?

Many Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic