Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMicrosoft JET Database Engine error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Microsoft JET Database Engine error
    Posted: October/09/04 at 6:56am
I'm having some problems getting my shopping cart to work on a windows 2003 server. When I go and add something to the cart I get this error.

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'
Could not find installable ISAM.
/cgi-bin/shop1.asp, line 137

Now I did some digging round and found that this is a problem with windows 2003 server. So i got in touch with my hosting co and set them the info on what needs to be done on there end. as per this link

http://support.salescart.com/kb/KB-details.asp?key=5338

They set me this info,

Well, if you are using MS access database file (*.mdb ) uploaded to the root location, then in that case , the mdb file should be set with "modify" permission. Since the error is related to "Could not find installable ISAM." , you need to refer to the documentation of your shopping cart to make sure that the installation is complete. Also if you are using OLEDB for connection to your MS Access database , please make sure that the provider used in the connection string is as follows:

Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
objConn.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.mappath(DATABASEPATH) & ";Persist Security Info=False"
objConn.Open
Set Session("mdbDefined") = objConn

Now HTML is not my strong point, and I'm not sure were I should put this. Now when I asked them were I should put this code they said give us a day or 2 to look into this. After 3 days I got a message.

Unfortunately, our system administrators have informed us that we are not setting up custom DSN's on our windows servers at present time. Please use one of the following resources to set up a DNS-less connection to your database:

So what do I want to do? Add the code and were to ? I take it to the globle.asa file and were in the file? And or try to setup a DNS-less connection to my database.

Now I had this website and shopping cart working on a different server about a year ago. But I think they were running windows 2000 server, not sure. But this problem is driving me nuts.

lw

Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/04 at 12:00pm
Unfortunately the DSN is the only viable way to get this particular issue resolved for good. If you want to modify the code, then you would want to look at either /global.asa (frontpage) or /cgi-bin/salescart.asa (dreamweaver).
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
Lonewolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/04 at 1:39pm
Ok what do i need to do to the global.asa file? Do i need to add this code

Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
objConn.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.mappath(DATABASEPATH) & ";Persist Security Info=False"
objConn.Open
Set Session("mdbDefined") = objConn

to the file? and were?   Or is there something alse I need to do?

lw
progressive1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progressive1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/05 at 8:14am
did you ever resolve this issue, I am having the same problem.

Mike
Lonewolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/05 at 11:21am
Originally posted by progressive1 progressive1 wrote:

Mike

Yes and No   I could not get any info on were to put the new code. I ended going back to a webhost that I started with and was running win2003 server. I talked to the webmaster and he made a change to my control panel so all i had to do was tell it what ODBC drivers i needed and the path to the DB. And that fixed the problem. I still have no idea how to fix this by HTML code.

lw
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/05 at 8:35am
Originally posted by Lonewolf Lonewolf wrote:

Mike

Yes and No   I could not get any info on were to put the new code. I ended going back to a webhost that I started with and was running win2003 server. I talked to the webmaster and he made a change to my control panel so all i had to do was tell it what ODBC drivers i needed and the path to the DB. And that fixed the problem. I still have no idea how to fix this by HTML code.

lw

So you have the ODBC DSN all setup?
Techno Geek
Lonewolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/05 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Will Sani Will Sani wrote:

Originally posted by Lonewolf Lonewolf wrote:

Mike

lw

So you have the ODBC DSN all setup?

Yes I do. But it was done by the webmaster adding a ODBC control page that just asked for the info and it did all the work. I still do not know how to add the code to the globle.asa file as in were and what info to add and how to type it.

lw
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/12/05 at 4:58pm
Well you don't need to do this in the global.asa manually. FrontPage will re-write the code for you when you attempt to connect to a DSN. Take a look here: http://support.salescart.com/kb/KB-details.asp?key=5235
Techno Geek
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic