Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedConfirmation Email send Credit Card info!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericclimbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Confirmation Email send Credit Card info!
    Posted: September/23/04 at 8:18pm
I have just discovered, after months of using Sales Cart Pro, that the confirmation email sent to the customer contains the credit card info htey used to make a purchase! I am horrified that this could even be possible after supposedly protecting my customers with an SSL. How do I fix this?
chrisredco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisredco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/04 at 6:13pm
Here is a Knowledge Base article about how to remove this info:

Remove credit card info from Email Receipt

Chris
ericclimbs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericclimbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/04 at 9:44am
Thanks Chris,

The article you referred me to directed me how to fix this issue and the solution was amazingly simple. I still can't believe the Sales Cart program is defaulted to send the cc info in the email confirmation!

-Eric
chrisredco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisredco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/04 at 11:04am
Yes, it seems a bit silly. They even admit in the KB article that most folks probably don't want this. It should be an option to ADD it not remove it.

Ah well, at least there is a solution. I'm trying desperately to get a more convoluted question answered with no luck (or responses) so far.

Wish me luck,
Chris
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic