Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedInclude Options not transferrring to cart

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Include Options not transferrring to cart
    Posted: September/14/04 at 6:33pm
Hi everyone -

I'm running the current version of SC PRO, FrontPage 2002 on XP.

When setting up includes for product options, the use "simple option" works great and the data transfers to the cart and to the e-mails, receipts, etc., but when I use the include "page" options (even the sample one) the data shows up on the product page, you can access the dropdown options, but only the product name, quantity and price end up in the cart.

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Thanks! - Donna

Edited by DDMD
chrisredco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisredco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/04 at 8:23pm
I was just about to post a similar question. How does one get all the details of the include page to show up in the shopping cart?

One of the Hot Sites mentioned by SalesCart is doing this successfully.

Visit http://www.usablindsdirect.com/mall/buy2smoothwood.asp

and add an item to the cart after making some drop down menu selections.

Looks like they have the answer we seek.

Chris
Andy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/04 at 4:50am
This is quite easy to achieve. I have a clothing site where I need to display> colour, size and some other bits and bobs.

To get these choices from the included page to the cart (view1.asp) page all I have done is created drop down menus with a VALUE the same as the CHOICE.

For example; I have one include page for inside leg, size and colour. For the size drop down I have set it up like this.

CHOICE   SELECTED    VALU E
-small------no-------small
medium------no------medium
(forget the dashes- these are here to represent the columns)

large, extr large etc. added the same way.

setting your drop downs with the VALUE column filled out to match the CHOICE will allow you to display the options chosen on the cart page.

Hope this helps

Edited by Andy
DDMD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/04 at 5:30am
Thanks for the quick reply Andy!

I have the values set up as you indicated. However, they still do not make it into the cart.

I tested it with salescart's include sample page and that does not transfer either, but the simple option works just fine. Sounds like we need to look at the view1.asp page.

thanks! - D

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisredco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/04 at 11:24am
I knw this will expose my lack of programming knowledge. I was currenyl using the VALUE section to enter a dollar amount in order to have the include page add all the choices and put the correct amount in the shopping cart. This was working just fine, but obviously this precludes me from replacing the $ VALUE with a descriptive value for the menu choice.

I'm sure there is an easy way to have both these values exist ( I actually need a third value, a weight for each menu choice) but it is beyond my programming knowledge.

Any easy answers or directions I should look to get them?

Chris

P.S. When I switched the VALUE to the same as the CHOICE, the description DID show up in the cart, so at least I got that far!
DDMD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/04 at 6:26pm
Taking Andy's suggestion one step further, I replaced the view1.asp file with one from a new salescart test web. Issue still not resolved, the data does not transfer from the product page/include options to the cart. Only the product name, product id, quantity and price end up there. This would be lovely if everyone had the same size feet, but these shoes need sizes and colors, so I am desperate for a solution. Thanks you all for your input...Any further suggestions anyone?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisredco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/04 at 7:48pm
Donna,

Can you send me a link address to your product page that has a "Add to Cart" link that uses this include? Also, an address for just the include page itself. I don't have this figured out yet myself 100%, but I've been a little more successful than you, so maybe I can help.

Chris
DDMD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/04 at 5:10pm
9/17/04 - Problem Solved!

After checking and comparing all the view1.asp code line by line to salescart's page and finding no discrepancies, I figured it had to be a setup option.   So, I re-ran the wizard for the tenth or eleventh time and found the issue...

On the Global configuration screen, the "include variable name for options" data was "option.htm" rather than "option", as in the manual. Don't know why, how, etc., but using "option" in that box solved the problem. Now these products can be ordered with size, color, etc.

Thank you all for your feedback and suggestions, you were a great help!! - D

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisredco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/04 at 5:17pm
Nice! Thanks for the post Donna. I still have a bit more research to get exactly what I want my page to do (allow price, description and weight of each selection to be reflected in the view1.asp page), but this was a step in the right direction.

Chris
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic