Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedProduct Management Plug-in help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisredco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Product Management Plug-in help
    Posted: August/07/04 at 8:18am
I'm finding that getting started with the Product Management Plug-In is rather daunting to say the least. The manual included with the plug-in seems vastly innadequate, since most of the pages used in the plug-in aren't even mentioned.

I currently have SalesCart SQL hosted with ComCity and running as a static site. I'd love to make the site dynamic as I have many items now and want to add many more. Static site is holding me back in a big way, but I can't figure this plug-in out.

Any suggestions where to start? Anyone have a good place to begin looking for help or training on this?

Thanks,
Chris
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/04 at 5:13pm
Go to your site, then type /mall/default.asp that would get you to the product management search page. From that page you can go to the product administration page to add/edit/delete products.
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
chrisredco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisredco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/11/04 at 7:11pm
I've added my first SKU (I think). The screen then re-set itself waiting for me to add another SKU. I am seeing no clear indication of how to proceed. Am I wrong, or is there nothing published explaining how to design the site using this plug-in? I've looked through the PDF manual included but these specific pages are mentioned nowhere. A couple questions:

1)Once I've added a SKU, where do I specify price discounts?

2)Once I've added all my SKUs, do I now need a new index page, etc to make this dynamic site work?

Sorry to seem so clueless about this, but this seems rather advanced stuff, especially since there isn't anything explaining how these pages all talk to each other.

Please help,
Chris
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic