Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDisplay product images in View Cart?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ameliaflys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Display product images in View Cart?
    Posted: July/28/04 at 6:27pm
I would like to diplay a picture of my product on the View Cart page - based on the option the user selects. On the product page for a shirt, for example, if the user selects the color black, I would like to see a picture of the black shirt on the "View Cart" page. Is this possible?
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/04 at 5:12pm
I've seen this done in a few different websites. What you would need to do is add an additional field in the "item" table, then get view1.asp SQL query to display the field. You would need to poses some understanding of ASP to do this.
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
Andy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/04 at 5:03am
Hi,

There is a much easier way of doing this. All you need to do is create a thumbnail image of the product ie Black Shirt. In the upsell location on page 2 of the salescart product link dialogue box set the URL of the upsell image to your Black Shirt thumbnail. Then, loop the link from the upsell item back to view1.asp. This will display a thumbnail on the view cart page. If you still need upsell capabilities for the Black Shirt just add some text or an icon to the thumbnail image in photoshop, instead of looping back to view1.asp point the hyperlink to the upsell page instead.
This way works just fine and makes the view1.asp page more colourful and easier for users to keep an eye on what they have added to the cart.
Andy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/04 at 5:05am
Forgot to mention;

The thumbnail size should be around 100 pixels wide. It will vary depending on the layout of your site but I find a max width of around 100 pixels works best
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/04 at 5:16pm
That's a great suggestion
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic